News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM Race reports-PLEASE

Started by Jack_Brock, October 14, 2007, 11:13:31 PM

Ducati23

Finished 2nd in F40 Ex and won GTU Ex  8), waited all day for SuperTwins even though I had the championship clinched already  :thumb: only for the race to be canceled. I wonder if TA will credit us for next season. Like RWoten I was hoping to get one more race (& $500 Ducati bucks)in but it didn't happen due to weather. I would have raced it anyway. It was wet most of the day at Heartland on Monday too. I like to ride in rain so it didn't bother me at all. 

I don't know why Rich doubts we'll have enough for LW next season.  Rich, Shun, Anthony, Becka, Kevin C & me make 6 already.

We just picked up a 02 900SS for someone yesterday. Dave T is getting a 05 1000SS this week for next season. We have two SV's and a Ninja 650R available at our shop. We'll have 8 experts or more before too long. A better question is will Rich actually be able to ride?

Thanks to my friend Super Dave for spotting me some fuel at Heartland on Monday!

CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

Quote from: Ducati23 on October 18, 2007, 02:42:17 PM
Thanks to my friend Super Dave for spotting me some fuel at Heartland on Monday!
Yes, that will help in the track day contingency department...LOL!
Super Dave

limelight

I would love to race expert LW with you all but being a Honda dealer my only competitive option from Honda is an F2.  But the F2 is only legal in LW40.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

Jack_Brock

Quote from: limelight on October 18, 2007, 10:44:00 PM
I would love to race expert LW with you all but being a Honda dealer my only competitive option from Honda is an F2.  But the F2 is only legal in LW40.

2 ideas here:

1.  A mildly built Hawk should be competitive against a SS SV, and we all run SS SVs even in the SB & GP glasses.

2.  Since the SV didn't come with full bodywork, you can run whatever you want on them.  I've seen both RC51 and 600RR Bodywork on SVs, so you could mask its identity.  Obviously, you wouldn't want to put it in the middle of the showroom. 

Hopefully 1 of these ideas is viable, we'd love to have you.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

wolf44

Quote from: Jack_Brock on October 18, 2007, 01:07:17 PM
If GW70 is Shun, you will have no problem getting the upgrade.  I've seen you ride and you are fast and controlled(i.e. safe).  If there is any hesitation on the part of CCS, I can vouch for you and your abilities.

It looks like I'm picking up a Gen. 1 streetbike which I might race prep, do you have any used raceparts(I want to keep it SS for now) that you would make a deal on?  You can PM on that.

BTW, if GW70 isn't Shun, sorry.
Get ahold of Benny Probst, he's probably got a lot of spare parts for his sv he might sell
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

goldwing70

Quote from: Jack_Brock on October 18, 2007, 01:07:17 PM
If GW70 is Shun, you will have no problem getting the upgrade.  I've seen you ride and you are fast and controlled(i.e. safe).  If there is any hesitation on the part of CCS, I can vouch for you and your abilities.

It looks like I'm picking up a Gen. 1 streetbike which I might race prep, do you have any used raceparts(I want to keep it SS for now) that you would make a deal on?  You can PM on that.

BTW, if GW70 isn't Shun, sorry.

Yup, GW70 is me.  Thanks for the support!  Winning amateur races was fun but I'm going to have alot more fun chasing the current LW experts

funsizeracing

It sounds like we're going to have a lot of fun racing next season!  I'm totally excited about all the LW's coming out :thumb: Cant wait!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Jack_Brock

I'm sorry I ever left :biggrin:

The guy that bought my old SV contacted me because he got hurt and will be selling the bike.  I already committed to buy another bike, so I'm out.  Anyway, If you see a SV advertised by Josh Rubin, its a solid one. 
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

APP_Racing

Good to see you all coming back.  It is a very fun class and with a few more entries the racing will be even closer.  We had several finish line decisions this year that were, well, in the 100's and 1000's of seconds at them line.  Look forward to all.

If someone is building a bike and needs any spares, give a call, I might have something laying around.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

jarelj

LW should be full in both EX and AM next year (GP region).  In addition to the EX entries mentioned above, I know a lot of AM newbies planning on LW next year as well.  I'll be back racing again after missing most of this season due to the starting grid melee at the Memorial day races at MAM this spring.  I'll be racing a 900 Monster in LW next year.  Bruce M will be back on his SV in AM.  Dave T just bought a 1000SS and will be in AM for one more year.  Jay H is buying a LW bike to race his 2nd season.  Dan B is buying a LW bike to start his racing endeavors next year.  Chad D is coming back after a year off, probably in LW again.  Trent G ditto.  So 5 of the 7 mentioned there are all people who were not active in LW this year but are planning to be out there next year.  Sounds like it will be a FUN year in 2008 in LW!  :cheers:
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha

howlieboy

Richard,

The Hawk was the best racebike every produced, IMO.   How many other racebikes do you know of that were competitive for 10 years?  It was my first racebike and I loved it....  Bring it back and win on it and you might even convince me to buy one again!!  Ah, the good ole days when you could run a set of tires for 4 weekends. 

Take care,
Kurt.
Kurt
www.d2cycles.com
www.caferacerinc.com

Rich

Quote from: howlieboy on October 20, 2007, 01:09:23 AM
  Ah, the good ole days when you could run a set of tires for 4 weekends. 

Take care,
Kurt.

Did I say I was getting another SV?

Just changed my mind.

WTB: Honda Hawk. Pref race ready.

Richard I know the GP region doesn't have Thunderbike anymore, but at the MW events the F2 is Thunderbike legal. That class seems to have as many SVs as it does Buells. 
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing