News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM Race reports-PLEASE

Started by Jack_Brock, October 14, 2007, 11:13:31 PM

wolf44

Quote from: limelight on October 15, 2007, 10:25:08 PM
I waited around all day Sunday for my Supertwins race only to have it cancelled due to weather.  I didn't know a race could be cancelled do to weather.   We raced in strong winds and hail at HPT with out even a delay.
I decided to leave before the SB races, kind of glad  I did now seeing as the canceled the supertwins race
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

funsizeracing

With all the lightning during the races I'm surprised they didn't cancel more races.  We've got to convince Dean to schedule that last race somewhere nice... like Hawaii.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

mwsportsimaging

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

My weekend! Ha both ups & downs. Well not literally down like some other mud mosters!
This was my first trip to MAM and quite honestly I had mixed feelings about this track. It seems they built that place in the middle of a swamp. Although in the pooring rain there was only one spot on the track which really flooded by the pit road the traction was pretty good. The surface was pretty bumpy which made for some softening the compression damping for a smoother ride.
I like the layout of the track. It was pretty easy for me to figure out the flow to have.
As for the CCS affliate Track Addix I thought Dean did a pretty good job running the show. The riders meeting was nice to have in a building and seemed more friendly than the regular CCS riders meeting.

My racing events:
Well my weekend started off pretty bad I guess. I find out there is no electricity so we went out & bought a generator from Menards for $300. Works nice! Now I don't have to worry about having power at any track anymore! Then I only ran 2 legs of practice since the only rear rain tire I had was the used one I came with and everyone was out of rains! I had a pretty good start to the weekend since my first practice was wet & I was the fastest of all the riders who practiced & I only did 8 laps ever! Then for lunch it dried up after we drove cars around the course for 45min while sweeping puddles off the corner apexes.
After lunch my mechanic Alan was getting tires mounted and was returning on my brand new, I mean brand new scooter and he & another guy collided while rounding a van in the parking lot. The scooter was pretty well damaged on the whole right side. All the bodywork was busted.  :wah:
We had an hour of practice before the races started at 3:00. I decided to take advantage of the open practice & used up all my available time up to 2:50pm. Then in 10 minutes we had to change rims for new tires that were already on the warmers. We just barely pulled that off as I was trying to get my gear back on to make the warm up lap. As I took off on the warm up lap (last) I notice the fuel light flick on while just starting to go down the front straight. DAMN! Rookie mistake I haven't done in years! FORGOT GAS!!  So I fly around the track trying to get my mechanics attention for gas. I stopped the bike in the pits to fill it up with fuel. We managed to get-r-done in time for the 3 board to still be up & I couldn't go up to my grid spot. I had to start from the pits. Don't forget this is a Kawasaki $2000 win race! Hhmmmm..... how can I still win? I don't think everyone else will crash right? Well I still got to try. So after the experts made there way to turn 3 the amatuers were released. Then after a 3 more second wait I was let go from the pits! Time to ride like a freak. I managed to pass all the way up to 10th place expert while learning the track. Brian Hall my teammate won by the front straight.

Next Saturday race ULSS. Another $2000 Kawasaki payout race! I had the race in the bag before it started. It went as planned got a good start from the 3rd row was 3rd in turn 1 against 1000cc guys. I pass them both on the brakes into turn 5. I was smoking guys there all weekend. I took over the lead for 3 laps and pulled a small comfortable gap on 2nd place. Then more bad luck stikes!!!
My bike is sputtering all the way down the front staight on the 3rd lap. I go through T4 and while hard on the gas the bike sputters and I run wide off the race track at over 100mph in the swampy mud grass! I pulled it back on and the bike was dying. I get passed back to 6th I belive and I'm 30 seconds behind the leader now. I come to believe its my quickshifter acting up so I reach down & yank the wires off the thing. The bike comes alive but & have a 30 second deficit with mud on my tires. I manage in 4 1/2 laps to repass everyone to 2nd place my only 3 or 4 seconds! DAMN!! I just lost $1250 over a faulty quickshifter!

Sunday was just as fun with better results. It was raining all day so i decided to skip all practice and wait to race only 2 Kawasaki payout races. First race was very insteresting. I got another classic holeshot of mine and led from the 3rd row into turn one. I come around after the first lap to see the tower giving me the meatball flag for an apparent jump start! In 13 years of racing I have NEVER jumped a start & I know for fact I did not jump that start! Man was I pissed. Jason Braun was right behind me and decided to take over the lead since I already have a deficit. He was moving pretty fast and I was sliding around trying to stay with him. I was right behind him when he tucked to front end in Turn 6. So still in the lead I came in for an unneccassary penalty. I got the hell out of the pits as fast as I could to find myself in 6th or 7th. I rode my ass off sliding everywhere almost highsiding 3 times to try to catch up. I was so pissed I had to ride so hard to win that I showed my aggression with the tower with one of these :finger:. I know I didn't jump the start and I had to ride even harder to try to win my $2000!! Well I passed the everso fast rain riding Rob Olivia on the last lap and never looked back. I won by 3-4 seconds. Close win but too close for comfort!\

The last race of the day MWSB I lead from start to finish  with ease in the rain. It was raining hard and lightning started coming down. That was kind of fun!
We almost lost our canopy right after the race while packing up. A wind came through that slid our canopy over about 15ft while 4 guys where hanging on it!
The hardest parts of my whole MAM experience was the drive home. We drove through the craziest rain storm ever.
And Yes once again all you non beleivers: The little red Nissan with now 247,000 miles on it pulled all my shit there & back at 70-80mph up and down those nasty hills! Biggest thanks go out to the little red truck that could! I also want to thank my mechanic Alan was as great help all weekend!
Sorry to The Track Addix officials for flipping the bird to them over and honestly wrong call.
Dean & his crew put on a great weekend despite the weather conditions.

How was your weekend!
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Jack_Brock

www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

JBraun

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on October 16, 2007, 11:51:27 AM
My weekend! Ha both ups & downs....

Jason Braun was right behind me and decided to take over the lead since I already have a deficit. He was moving pretty fast and I was sliding around trying to stay with him. I was right behind him when he tucked to front end in Turn 6.

:banghead: Yeah, it was a $2000 mistake for sure. That one still hurts. :banghead:

I was hoping to redeem myself in MWSB, but I didn't get the start I wanted. Brian was going really fast and it took me four laps to get around him. By that time you had a bit of a lead.
It's really too bad that TrackAddix decided to shorten the races. If we would have run the full 8 laps, we might have had a good battle.

Great riding this weekend!
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

mx558

Nice job Steve P on kickin some ass all weekend, I'll say high to all the nice college girls I'll be supporting in Daytona for you.

steve p

Thanks.  It was great to see some familiar faces there.
Farrell, Denow, Chris fry, and Eric Rodriguez.  sorry for
any spelling errors.  Despite the weather, I had a great
time.  Good luck to everyone in Daytona, be safe.  Ed,
I knew I could count on you to support the young
college women.  Look forward to next year going back.
Thanks to Dean and all the Track Addix crew they all did
a great job.  And a huge thanks to all the volunteers who
stood out there in those conditions so we could race.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

goldwing70

Looks like lots of interest in the LW class for next year.   Looking forward to chasing the rest of you in the expert class as a white plate myself next year.  Hope I don't have any problems getting a white plate due to my lack of yearly points.

I have a first gen SV frame, swingarm, and superbike motor for someone who wants to build an SV racer for next year!  Email me for details.

Rich

So.....would you be one of the eight people Clayton promised me?  Come on, where are the other seven!!

Quote from: goldwing70 on October 17, 2007, 09:17:20 AM
Looks like lots of interest in the LW class for next year.   Looking forward to chasing the rest of you in the expert class as a white plate myself next year.  Hope I don't have any problems getting a white plate due to my lack of yearly points.

I have a first gen SV frame, swingarm, and superbike motor for someone who wants to build an SV racer for next year!  Email me for details.
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

goldwing70

Counting you Rich, I can think of 2 others, not necessarily in expert class.  We'll have to wait for Clayton to chime in.

Jack_Brock

Quote from: goldwing70 on October 17, 2007, 09:17:20 AM
Hope I don't have any problems getting a white plate due to my lack of yearly points.

If GW70 is Shun, you will have no problem getting the upgrade.  I've seen you ride and you are fast and controlled(i.e. safe).  If there is any hesitation on the part of CCS, I can vouch for you and your abilities.

It looks like I'm picking up a Gen. 1 streetbike which I might race prep, do you have any used raceparts(I want to keep it SS for now) that you would make a deal on?  You can PM on that.

BTW, if GW70 isn't Shun, sorry.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy