Started by Super Dave, February 20, 2003, 07:23:34 AM

MudDawg

My favorite to pull on telemarketers:

Telemarketer:  Is Mr. XXX there?

Me:  Who may I say is calling?

Telemarketer:  Blah blah blah....

Me:  Hold one moment....

(Hear a zipper in the background....)

Me:  (In a husky voice)  So what are ya wearing?

That pretty much ends the calling from that vendor.  hehehehehe

diesel748

Try the vegetable game! When they call just start yelling several types of veggies at them. The people have know idea whats going on.

ecumike

Ya know that TeleZapper kizmo they sell... you can do the same thing for free like this.....

Telemarketer's predictive dialers will erase your number from their lists if your answering machine starts with the first tone of Ma Bell's 3-tone sit.wav that preceeds "This number has been disconnected."

Simply save sit.wav to your desktop http://santelia.org/sit.wav

Then edit out the last 2 tones using MS Sound Recorder and play that single note on your computer and record it as the first sound on your answering machine's outgoing message.

KBOlsen

When they call asking for "Mr. Cummings", his first question to them is "Which one?"   (At one time, there was Sr., Jr. and III).  2 out of 5 calls will end at that point.  Sometimes he lets them go into their spiel, puts the phone down and walks away.  Nowadays, we only use the home phone for my modem... if someone wants to get in touch with us, they call my cell.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

pmoravek

When I see "OUT OF AREA" on the caller ID.
I just pick up the phone and say...
"Thank you for calling Dominoes. Can I interest you in our Cinna-sticks special today?"

That usually does the trick.

EX#996

QuoteWhen I see "OUT OF AREA" on the caller ID.
I just pick up the phone and say...
"Thank you for calling Dominoes. Can I interest you in our Cinna-sticks special today?"

That usually does the trick.

LOL!!!!

Once in a while I would answer it as "Waupaca County Morgue" or "Amtrack" or "Winnebago Correctional Institute."

I usally got the same response you did.

I was at my friend's house (yeah, imagine that - someone who actually likes me - or maybe they were just being nice ;D) when her husband answered the phone and said:  "I'm sorry, I just can't talk right now, my wife died."

Needless to say I looked at my girlfriend with a bit of a stunned look.  She calmly said, "It must have been another credit card company."  I laughed so hard because the telemarketers usually don't know how to respond and end up ending the conversation.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

mj

;D it works for me.... if you have  some spare time tie them up in conversation.....they hate it....for them time is money,,,,and at the end tell them that you need a job and ask if they're hiring ;D

MZGirl

A buddy of mine had an interesting response from a telemarketer with the local newspaper.

Telemarketer:  "Can I interest you in our weekend newspaper deal?"

Friend:  "Nah, man, I'm illiterate."  (of course making it up and thinking it was a good excuse)

Telemarketer:  [pause] "Hooked on Phonics worked for me!"

Friend:  "Dude, you're cool!"

roadracer797

Just tell them to hang on why you go take care of something real quick, then come back in a couple of minutes breathing hard and ask them why a dead body is so heavy. ;D

Pit_Girl

these are all TOO FUNNY!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
 i would try all of these, but unfortunately we signed up for that no call list thingy... but unsigning just to screw with telemarketers does sound quite tempting....   ;)

-jen

Super Dave

Hey, these are good ones!  LOL! :o
Super Dave

mj

QuoteJust tell them to hang on why you go take care of something real quick, then come back in a couple of minutes breathing hard and ask them why a dead body is so heavy. ;D

8)Because you're out of shape old man !!!   ;D