News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

YPSB or expert?

Started by spyderchick, September 25, 2007, 03:01:23 PM

jeremy271

I'am petitioning to the ccs office too be yellow again,  think it will work, I've taken a 1.5 years off and had no track days and last time I ran I got my ass handed to me by this up and coming guy named Brian Hall.

DarkDuc749

QuoteMaybe you just need to twist your wrist in the conrner instead of waiting for the straight.

Umm.....I think that's kind of what he meant in regards to your 929, er I mean f4i....being as he almost ran you over in ....well every turn at VIR it sounds like. :lmao:

rogers1323

Quote from: cornerjunkie on September 28, 2007, 01:30:54 PM
Maybe you just need to twist your wrist in the conrner instead of waiting for the straight. :ass:

Ha!  If there's one person who can match my drive out of a turn it's James Ray.  And he definitely gets a pretty good drive out of 17A.

And I was pulling you on the exit of T10 at Summit, but as soon as we got out on the straight and higher into the gears you would just walk away from me.  Like I was standing still.  And my bike isn't fast by any means, but it isn't that slow either. 

The ASRA dyno is way low.  Somewhere around 10% to 15%

DarkDuc749

Joel, don't you have 98hp in ol' faithful?

cornerjunkie

In any case, I've done no engine work to it, it's stock.  I've been told that the Factory Pro dyno is actual rear-wheel horsepower and that the dynojets correct for drivetrain loss and are supposed to estimate crankcase power.  So, it's more like Dynojet reads high rather than Factory Pro reads low.  The factory pro guys told me that my bike was slightly underpowered (at 90hp) compared to new 600s, but was pretty good for a 2001.  They should know what they're talking about since they dyno bikes all day long.

By the way, I enjoyed racing with you guys and look forward to next year.

rogers1323

Yeah, but that was on a Dynojet Dyno.  You have to factor in that 10% to 15% that I talked about a before.......

cornerjunkie

True.  If you did 98hp on a dynojet, then my 90hp bike on a factory pro has a little more than your bike.  But it's still stock unless somebody did some work I don't know about.

jgalt187

I feel like I need a little more experience. I am improving each time out, but not quite there, yet. I feel safe out there, but I don't want to get in the way. I would like my lap times to be fast enough that the fastest expert can't lap me in a 9 lap race.

Quote from: Super Dave on September 28, 2007, 11:14:11 AM
Why not petition to move up?

I did that at the end of 1988.  I never won a novice race, that's what we were referred to as then, but I saw no upside to continuing there.  I asked to be moved up to expert.  I raced well, but never had a ton of finishes in particular regions or with organizations to be moved up by their standards.

Honestly, I think more should request to be moved up rather than ask to kept in the lower class.
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

Helmsman

Dammit spud, you need to bump!  :)

I'll be a SBYP next year.  I wasn't tearing it up in the yellow plates this year (my first year), so i don't see the need to move up, plus i didn't get close to enough points anyway.

I'm hoping thinking about racing all winter is enough to drop 4-5 secs off my lap times....if that happens, I'll think about asking for a bump.  :P

gntbldr

Quote from: superspud on September 28, 2007, 12:15:08 PM
but then we'd have to repaint our bikes...   :ahhh:

still don't have enough points.   ::)

not like you weren't going to anyways ;)

I know mine needs a fresh paintjob after the last two race weekends :rolleyes:
not to mention it needing new # plate colors.......

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

superspud

Quote from: steve p on September 28, 2007, 08:42:55 PM
yellow all the way!

best of luck with that...

Championship Cup Series
Mid West Final Overall Championship Standings
As of September 25, 2007

Amateurs | Experts

AMATEUR SELECTIVE COMBINED POINTS Pos Adjusted Points Points Performance Index Name
1 1613.73 1912 844.0 DUSTIN BOYD, AURORA, IL. Pirelli,NESBA,DC-Decals,Loomis-Powerspor ts,Cycle-Path-Racing,Sharkskinz,Powersta
2 1381.76 1643 841.0 JASON RUNTE, WAUKESHA, WI. Suburban-Drywall,Wild-Inc-Motorgraphics, Vesrah,Pirelli,Silkolene,Vortex,PitBull,
3 1164.51 1481 786.3 AJ KRAUSE, FLUSHING, NY. Paul-Krause-Const,Pirelli,SharkSkinz,Vor tex
4 930.69 1273 731.1 RAY HOFMAN, WAUPUN, WI. Sam's-Well-Drilling,LP,Rush-Powersports, Lithium-Motorsports,Michelin,Vortex,Powe
5 737.95 886 832.9 STEVE PALELLE, HARVARD, IL. Michelin,Vesrah,Suomy,Ozaukee-Suzuki,Vor tex

yellow doesn't look bad with white either though.   
CCS MW Am #778