News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

YPSB or expert?

Started by spyderchick, September 25, 2007, 03:01:23 PM

SV88

after much though (ok ok waffling), consulting with fellow racers I think that I'll take the white plates - not that I would have any choice anyway with 707 pts, 16 podiums although with a lacklustre 515 perf. index.  If I was to stay AM, I would feel compelled to go after a championship - cannot afford the time or money and stress to do that next year.

My gut feeling is that the AM MW LW crew this year was particularly fast and that we'll all be midpack or better experts next year anyway...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

gntbldr

cornerjunkie

I think I have to take the white plates to avoid abuse from my friends.  Most of them are experts and I will permantently be the sandbagger in the group if I don't join them.  I didn't win any races, I only had three podiums, but I did lead about 5 races, I got over 800 points and finished 5th for the season in MWSS despite only attending half of the Mid-Atlantic rounds AND racing an 01 F4i.  I wish I had boutght a new bike for this past season and made it to more rounds.  Maybe I'd have more plaques for my wall since I doubt I'll ever see one as an expert.

WHITE PLATES FOR ALL!  I need people to race with at the back.

Headdog122

Jamie Ray to stay yellow plate..??  NO..!!  I gotta ROLL..!!  I only did 15 individual races for the year (4 weekends), and my friends/enemies will slash my tires if I keep a yellow plate!!

Wife says, "Go expert and get some $$, or you'll be back on a 89' CB-1!"   :thumb:

That's how we ROLL!!   :spank:
"Ride it like you stole it, or put it back in the shed!!"

spyderchick

Quote from: Headdog122 on September 28, 2007, 10:39:56 AM
"...or you'll be back on a 89' CB-1!"   

Hey, Ed Key won quite a few championships on his! CB-1s rule! :thumb:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Headdog122

Quote from: cornerjunkie on September 28, 2007, 09:33:33 AM
I think I have to take the white plates to avoid abuse from my friends.  Most of them are experts and I will permantently be the sandbagger in the group if I don't join them.  I didn't win any races, I only had three podiums, but I did lead about 5 races, I got over 800 points and finished 5th for the season in MWSS despite only attending half of the Mid-Atlantic rounds AND racing an 01 F4i.  I wish I had boutght a new bike for this past season and made it to more rounds.  Maybe I'd have more plaques for my wall since I doubt I'll ever see one as an expert.

WHITE PLATES FOR ALL!  I need people to race with at the back.

Holy crap...  Were you like AM #501......??   :wtf:  That damn F4 was no joke.  NO ONE PULLS ME ON MOTOR!!  My bike is completely stock, filter, ecu, cheap as slip on and I have pulled everyone on motor except that damn F4...  If you run that thing in MWSS, you need kicked in the DING DING..!!
:kicknuts:

BTW, Greg Bordeleau said you should have thanked me for not running you over in T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T7, T10, T14 (rear tire was a foot in the air), T15,T16......   :thumb:

Its all good in da hood....  I was going down the front straight thinkin...  "How da foook did he get that bodywork on a 929..!!"   :spank:

Headdog122

Quote from: spyderchick on September 28, 2007, 10:48:31 AM
Hey, Ed Key won quite a few championships on his! CB-1s rule! :thumb:

I "WON" a few trackdays on mine..!!   :thumb:

Super Dave

Quote from: jgalt187 on September 27, 2007, 11:47:11 AM
Great answers! I agree with the white plate being an honor. For me however, I have only raced 5-6 times over the past two years, so I don't have a choice. I have not earned enough points or been asked to move up, so I will have a yellow plate next year.

Why not petition to move up?

I did that at the end of 1988.  I never won a novice race, that's what we were referred to as then, but I saw no upside to continuing there.  I asked to be moved up to expert.  I raced well, but never had a ton of finishes in particular regions or with organizations to be moved up by their standards.

Honestly, I think more should request to be moved up rather than ask to kept in the lower class.
Super Dave

superspud

but then we'd have to repaint our bikes...   :ahhh:

still don't have enough points.   ::)
CCS MW Am #778

cornerjunkie

Yeah, that's me.  IT IS STOCK!!!!  Just a power commander, Hindle exhaust, and uni-filter.  Tim Francis (RIP) experimented with fuel maps on his F4i and was nice enough to give me the one that worked best.  Quite a noticeable difference when I started using it.  The fuel map was from Erion Racing, I think.  No motor work at all.  It puts out 90 hp on the Factory Pro Mustang, just had it tested at Summit Point ASRA round.  I had never tested it and I was curious.  $10 well spent.  The dyno guys said 90hp was good for a 2001, but a little underpowered compared to 2007 bikes.  I usually use a good drive or a draft to pass on the straight, not that I did much passing on the straight.  I mostly try to outbrake or carry cornerspeed on that bike since it is a little underpowered.  Still liked reading how you thought it was a 929 though!

So thanks for not running me over.  I was not late braking in that race?  I am not always consistent but I am working on it.

Quote from: Headdog122 on September 28, 2007, 11:03:55 AM
Holy crap...  Were you like AM #501......??   :wtf:  That damn F4 was no joke.  NO ONE PULLS ME ON MOTOR!!  My bike is completely stock, filter, ecu, cheap as slip on and I have pulled everyone on motor except that damn F4...  If you run that thing in MWSS, you need kicked in the DING DING..!!
:kicknuts:

BTW, Greg Bordeleau said you should have thanked me for not running you over in T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T7, T10, T14 (rear tire was a foot in the air), T15,T16......   :thumb:

Its all good in da hood....  I was going down the front straight thinkin...  "How da foook did he get that bodywork on a 929..!!"   :spank:

Headdog122

"IT IS STOCK!!!!"

Okay... I'll have to find the spark plug I lost while following you down the straight.....   :thumb:  I'm guessin you had the thing on "C" map..!!   :boink:

Anyone want to buy my GSXR, I'm running honda now.....!!   :err:

cornerjunkie

Maybe you just need to twist your wrist in the conrner instead of waiting for the straight. :ass: