News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

YPSB or expert?

Started by spyderchick, September 25, 2007, 03:01:23 PM

steve p

yeah, sarcasm doesn't come through the web very well.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Sig

I'm going to go white plate just so I can finish one spot in front of that James Ray kid at barber.........of course then I'll have to skip the VIR rounds.  :wah:

benprobst

Ill be an expert next year. Getting my clock cleaned by batey/jensen/acree/junge/the rest of the top half on the national field.  :wah:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Quote from: benprobst on September 30, 2007, 10:03:34 PM
Ill be an expert next year. Getting my clock cleaned by batey/jensen/acree/junge/the rest of the top half on the national field.  :wah:

My great-grandmother who grew up in Bern, Switzerland use to tell me, 'Getting your clock cleaned is a gut ding!'
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

roadracer162

Quote from: cornerjunkie on September 28, 2007, 01:04:28 PM
Yeah, that's me.  IT IS STOCK!!!!  Just a power commander, Hindle exhaust, and uni-filter.  Tim Francis (RIP) experimented with fuel maps on his F4i and was nice enough to give me the one that worked best.  Quite a noticeable difference when I started using it.  The fuel map was from Erion Racing, I think.  No motor work at all.  It puts out 90 hp on the Factory Pro Mustang, just had it tested at Summit Point ASRA round.  I had never tested it and I was curious.  $10 well spent.  The dyno guys said 90hp was good for a 2001, but a little underpowered compared to 2007 bikes.  I usually use a good drive or a draft to pass on the straight, not that I did much passing on the straight.  I mostly try to outbrake or carry cornerspeed on that bike since it is a little underpowered.  Still liked reading how you thought it was a 929 though!

So thanks for not running me over.  I was not late braking in that race?  I am not always consistent but I am working on it.

90 HP from and F4. I have been told my FZR should produce 95 hp in SS form and it is a 1991 some ten years older than your F4. I have also been told that it is all about the rider. Can you sense the sarcasm??

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

backMARKr

Quote from: Burt Munro on October 01, 2007, 12:02:04 AM

My great-grandmother who grew up in Bern, Switzerland use to tell me, 'Getting your clock cleaned is a gut ding!'

You know ...everytime I've had my clock cleaned it was a humbling experience... ::)

Rick your grandmother sounds like a wise person....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Super Dave

Quote from: roadracer22 on October 01, 2007, 11:35:21 AM
90 HP from and F4. I have been told my FZR should produce 95 hp in SS form and it is a 1991 some ten years older than your F4. I have also been told that it is all about the rider. Can you sense the sarcasm??

Mark
90HP on a Factory Dyno is probably like 102 or so on a Dynojet dyno. 

Yeah, FZR600's were more powerful than the F2's in that era.  95HP in SS trim would be more than the 93HP that my F2 had in SS trim.
Super Dave

roadracer162

I am still down on power with my 630 kit FZR based on that info. I did find that this sucker drafts pretty good off the banks of Daytona. Bikes that I would pull up next to would run away from me, but if I get in their draft and get a run it was wonderful. Made several passes that way made headway through the infield and got a great drive out of the chicane leading onto the banking.

I would love to find out how much it weighs. Does the "one wheel on the scale" work?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

forget the scale you need a back tire on that thing

roadracer162

Quote from: Ducmarc on October 01, 2007, 09:22:01 PM
forget the scale you need a back tire on that thing

Hahahaha...but you laugh everytime you see it on track.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Headdog122

A little birdie told me that a CB-1 rear wheel will bolt directly in the FZR swinger and an is SS legal because it is still 4.0".  (Use the original honda cush, bearings, and rotor)  Craziest thing I've ever seen.....!!

Man.. I'm full of useful information..!!

BTW...  A well prepped FZR560 will put out 90+ hps..  and weigh less than 300lbs.....  Want suma dat....??   :wtf:
"Ride it like you stole it, or put it back in the shed!!"

roadracer162

I am looking at doing one up just to bring it out but I wonder about reliability and figure the motor-work would coast a mere $5000. Isn't that what speedwerks gets?

It will be fun though.

I am not sure what advantage the CB1 wheel will give me. I currently run a 155/635 18 from a 250gp bike on the rear, but it does look a little meager as compared to the 180 tire of a Ducati. I have also considered the GSXR750 wheel but I probably wouldn't be able to use it at my skill level.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22