ASRA Thunderbike rule changes........

Started by ahastings, September 11, 2007, 11:31:41 PM

xseal

Quote from: ahastings on September 16, 2007, 07:32:48 AM
The only problem with using combined weight is then nobody will be able to touch Bemisderfer.....

Truthfully, you'll be another one of those guys for whom it just won't matter Arnie ... but all we can do with the rules is try to make it closer ... the fast guys will still get away ...

F2RGK

Quote from: badmonkey on September 12, 2007, 08:22:23 AM
its pretty much a Buell show anyway so no big surprise there...

Not unless you're running a Honda F2!  I just hate it when I take Buell Money! 
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

Russell Masecar

I've never understood, since the implementation of the 4lbs/hp rule, why the class isn't open to any TWIN that complies.

1098/999/916/749/748, RC51, TLR, BUELL 1125, BMW, APRILIA, SV....whatever.  As long as your bike doesn't weigh less than 4x it's hp, let her rip.

A 120hp Ducati or Honda or Suzuki (on Factory dyno) would have to weigh 480lbs.  What's wrong with letting those bikes in if you want to add the weight and wrestle it around or vice-versa choke the power to meet the criteria?

I personally don't care for the old inline 4's being allowed at all, but if you're going to let in any inline 4's based on power-to-weight, why limit it to older models.  You'd have to add a ridiculous amount of weight to even a modern 600, but if that's what you choose to do, and it meets the power-to-weight requirement, then why exclude them.  Even inline 1000s, for that matter.

The power-to-weight rule is good, but I think more variety of competitive machinery would be nice.

ScubaSteve

Quote from: Super Dave on September 14, 2007, 10:48:23 AM
Barney did win on an SV once too.

I don't think the Buell's are necessarily cheap to run.  Racing is expensive.  I don't think the BMW's have any extra contingency either. 

But I think the tire bills are still less than what it is on a 600.

He didn't win he blew them away! He was running the SV i was running which was mills. He ran that race for me after I broke my neck. That SV was a blast and I gave Key a run at ROC's
Steve

CCS FL

Super Dave

Super Dave

banzai1

Quote from: Super Dave on September 17, 2007, 08:18:11 AM
Well, that wouldn't be terrible. 

I'd enjoy racing my SV1000 in Thunderbike, if the rules made it equitable. 
Until I come pull off one plug wire.

Super Dave

LOL!  I might have that problem already...
Super Dave

banzai1

Quote from: F2RGK on September 17, 2007, 06:55:25 PM
Not unless you're running a Honda F2!  I just hate it when I take Buell Money! 
Or when my skirt comes off with my FZR.

banzai1

Quote from: Super Dave on September 18, 2007, 07:24:16 PM
LOL!  I might have that problem already...
I was looking for that evil smiley, but couldn't find one.