Summit Shenandoah Turn 1 Crash Sunday AM Practice

Started by RC423, August 27, 2007, 08:47:01 AM

RC423

Vadim Tsires Ex. # 479 had a pretty nasty crash in turn 1 in Sunday AM practice and was airlifted. 

I just wanted to ask if anyone had any updates on his condition. 

ps - This is not a thread to bring up safety conditions at Shenandoah so please keep those comments to yourself.  Thanks
aka Ross aka "Pete"

racer911

vadim was taken to fairfax, where as of last night he was still in ICU.  he was unresponsive at the scene and momentarily regained consciousness, but started to struggle and had to be put under in order to be airlifted.  they believe/hope that he has no spinal injuries, but know for certain that he has broken bones in his neck.  his wife is with him at the hospital, as are his parents.  we will probably know more today.

all of the concern and offers to help from the riders and spectators were very much appreciated.
Bobby
#910 EX

Kuala76

Our chapains have the contact information for his wife and were there at scene and will be following up with the family.  Our entire MARRC Crew is sending our best to the down rider.  Incidents like this are the hardest parts of our jobs.  Again...sending our best.

Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Mongo

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

superbike2001

Todd Robinson
Mid-Atlantic AM #155
08 R6

DavidV

thoughs and prayers. Vadim is the guy who pits with Slov and Chec right?

castle228

Thoughts and prayers are with his family & friends for a full & speedy recovery.
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

RC423

Vadim has pitted next to Steve and I the past 2 times at Shenandoah.  Always smiling and fun to be around.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Thanks for the update Bobby - please keep us posted.  
aka Ross aka "Pete"

BRothrock

Was there and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

racer911

i'll pass along the well wishes to the family.  the update is that he responded correctly to the neurosurgeon when they temporarily took him off the sedation, and so his head trauma has been downgraded from severe to moderate.  however, nobody has talked to him yet, as they were not allowed in the room when he was taken off the sedation.  he seems to be moving around, and so they are still hopefull that there is no spinal cord damage.

mongo, i'm sure vadim appreciates the thoughts.  he is also a wera racer and has many friends in the wera paddock as well.
Bobby
#910 EX

Rick Beggs

RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

ahastings

Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor