Wreck at blackhawk

Started by Court Jester, May 13, 2007, 09:29:19 PM

funsizeracing

Quote from: Court Jester on May 16, 2007, 01:40:07 PM
that would suck.
i'll find out friday forsure if i need pins or screws. as long as the bone is still where it should be friday when they take more x-rays and the swelling is down, they're just going to slap on a full cast and let me cook for the summer.
i know my dr. did send my first x-rays off to a few different people for supporting opinions. so i do feel good about that.

Get the waterproof cast!  Trust me, it's worth it!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

benprobst

Quote from: funsizeracing on May 16, 2007, 03:45:41 PM
Get the waterproof cast!  Trust me, it's worth it!

they dont make those in adult sizes Becka, sorry.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Court Jester

they were speed master boots. been through 4 wrecks over 75 mph and this is the first time i've had an issue. i've liked them thus far.

i ended up leaving work early today. i had 2 blood vessels pop in my eyes. i guess that's normal after a good bonk to the head according to the doctor. but it freaked me out. both my eyes are blood red. looks pretty cool now that i'm calmed down about it.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

spyderchick

Well if nothing else, you can scare little children, even if you can't chase 'em! :biggrin:

Heal up quick, remember that nutrition is a big part of that equation.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Court Jester

thank you thank you thank you all.

yeah. i've been popping the calcium pills, vitamin D, V8 juice, milk, and orange juice.
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

HAWK

Quote from: benprobst on May 16, 2007, 07:08:02 PM
they dont make those in adult sizes Becka, sorry.

They make them in ANY size, the water proof part is the synthetic material that they put on your leg before the hard cast material. It dries faster and has anti-all-kinds-of-stuff in it so that it WILL eventually dry out and while it does it doesn't grow and rot. Had it on my wrist 3 months ago.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Jan

Quote from: tstruyk on May 16, 2007, 02:42:57 PM
what kinda boots where you wearing?  looks like they did a damn good job.  thats a pretty clearly marked bruise from the ankle support... hate to see what it looked like without
It's not only the boots, out by the second brake marker was a foot long red scrape and some red Mohawk material on the track, another scrape about 10' down the road and from there on you were cartwheeling and bouncing in the grass all the way to the outside of corner one.
What brand is the helmet?

cold

actually i think you meant was "what brand *WAS* your helmet"

Court Jester

Jan:
to be honest, i have no idea what brand the helmet is. did it's job though. i figured it was pretty bad. One of the corner workers said he'd called for the meat wagon before i even stopped tumbling and i can remember wondering if i was going to stop flipping.

so i assume you saw the wreck???
did you happen to see what set it off???

CCS# 469

Jan

No, sorry,I did not see what started it. The marks on the track are about 1' from the edge of the track.

RCR_531

I found this on another site CJ. Someone that was watching from turn one

No, I didn't get any pics of the accident, it happened so fast. He started to brake hard, then the rear got a little loose, the rear started to slide to the left, then re-connected which looked as if the rear wheel rolled over his right foot which vaulted him off the bike. It sent him rolling and sliding deep into the grass in turn one. Once he was thrown off the bike rode right down the straight away into the grass of turn one and must have hit a hump in the grass, shot up five feet in the air and did one frontwards flip in the air, and the second flip in the grass. I saw him hobble a bit to the ambulance but never saw him next to the bike in the pit area again, so I wondered if he was okay.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Jason748

Thanks sux.... at least you have a back-up bike, or two or three...

It was good meeting you the Monday before.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com