News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wreck at blackhawk

Started by Court Jester, May 13, 2007, 09:29:19 PM

Court Jester

Quote from: Jason748 on May 16, 2007, 09:56:55 PM
Thanks sux.... at least you have a back-up bike, or two or three...

It was good meeting you the Monday before.

yeah, if nothing else, i've had a good time meeting everyone i've been talking to all this time.
i was good meeting you too.

and all the back up bikes in the world don't mean shit without a back up leg. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

benprobst

Quote from: Hawk on May 16, 2007, 08:16:11 PM
They make them in ANY size, the water proof part is the synthetic material that they put on your leg before the hard cast material. It dries faster and has anti-all-kinds-of-stuff in it so that it WILL eventually dry out and while it does it doesn't grow and rot. Had it on my wrist 3 months ago.

yeah it was a joke considering that she is a miniature person and was ment to imply that the rose covered waterproof cast they got for her at cardinal glennon was not availa....................... ahhhhhh forget it, you missed it. next time ill put a smiley.  :biggrin:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

welldrilleRR

Wow! Heal up quick Mike.

HAWK

Quote from: benprobst on May 16, 2007, 10:37:32 PM
yeah it was a joke considering that she is a miniature person and was ment to imply that the rose covered waterproof cast they got for her at cardinal glennon was not availa....................... ahhhhhh forget it, you missed it. next time ill put a smiley.  :biggrin:

:ahhh: Damn! Right over the top.  And I double checked for the smiley too.  :ahhh:

I had to ask at my ortho (I've been giving them way too much business) , they don't seem to offer them to adults. The only reason I knew to ask was I happened to be in the waiting room  one day when they were walking a little girl out to her mother.  Seems no matter how I double bag, over the course of 2 months I always get a leaker at least 2 or 3 times and without the water proof, man do they get stinky fast. Plus it seems the techs always have sooooo much fun scolding you for getting it wet.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Court Jester

thanks for the input on the water proof cast. i thought that's all they used now days. guess not.
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

funsizeracing

Quote from: benprobst on May 16, 2007, 10:37:32 PM
yeah it was a joke considering that she is a miniature person a:biggrin:

LOL! miniature person!  :lmao: 
I used a dremmel to cut a cast of once, so I could go water skiing.  After that I always ask for waterproof. 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

gntbldr

hey mike, if the brakes on the 6 were anything like the ones on the 636 of yours I rode at HPT it's no wonder a little did more than a lot when trying to out brake someone going into T1 at BFR

I've had the tail of my 6rr do the same thing and the brakes on that are no where near as wicked as what on that kawi of yours I rode in practice.

do good with the healing process man. the tack is going to miss you while you're gone and so will your race team partner Ted

speaking of Ted, when's he going to race next?

Court Jester

but i wasn't really on the breaks. the bikes will squirm from side to side and i had the rear wheel a foot or so off the ground at hpt from adding too much break. never had it kick from side to side before though. i dunno...

not sure on ted. he might be going to MAM. and i know he'll miss the next BHF weekend cause he'll be in alabama. not sure about the rest though.
CCS# 469

gntbldr

I've had the rear of my 6er do the same thing a few times at BFR going into T1

yours just got violent something quick from what I gather.

it'd be cool to un into Ted at MAM
I'm headed there with Super Dave and leaving sat

dylanfan53

Quote from: Court Jester on May 18, 2007, 08:32:12 AM
but i wasn't really on the breaks. the bikes will squirm from side to side and i had the rear wheel a foot or so off the ground at hpt from adding too much break. never had it kick from side to side before though. i dunno...
My guess would be a death grip on the bars.   Just a thought...
Don Cook
CCS #53

Court Jester

CCS# 469

Ducmarc

Ok, where's the xrays....? We've seen the beautiful outside, now how 'bout the inside?  How about your concusion, are your eyes ok, that was scary to read about that.  Give us an update, we need a new thread to talk about, xrays and how much it's gonna take out of your pocket book and when you're gonna be able to race again.  Don't forget to take SuperDave's miracle bone fix-it pills. I finally got my horse pills and am taking them as instructed...lol.  Did you find out exactly what you broke in your ankle? Anyway, take it easy and heal quickly. Marc.