News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Re: Irac- I need to vent

Started by SliderPhoto, February 05, 2003, 02:47:54 AM

tigerblade

QuoteSWEET! Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy...

LMAO
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

ice

a generalization is one thing.....but to suggest wiping France off the face of the earth because their leaders disagree with U.S. foreign policy seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Discussing politics is often very difficult as it crosses into deep rooted beliefs and opinions and unfortunately I have a low tolerance for political conversation that is not based in reason and thus my response.

I publically apologize to all I may have offended with my comments.....it was not my intention to piss people off, I guess the lack of racing and all of this freezing cold has affected my better judgement......  

MightyDuc Racing

I have a low tolerance for political conversations period...let's change the subject.  I'm tired of reading about overpayed politicians that USUALLY are just finding ways to get rich and retire rather than doing any good.  New subject, please...and everybody is entitled to their opinions Balto and Ice...glad we're all still friends.   ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Ok, I'll weigh in on this one.

This isn't about politics is it?

Let's get it into the open that Saddam Hussein is a murdering dictator the likes of which we haven't seen since Stalin, Hitler, and the other two guys who's names escape me...  Uganda and Laos?

There is a sense of morality here.  At what point to you look at what we had to do, where we logically stopped in Iraq because that was the right thing to do with the coalition forces, and what needs to be done.

If we do wait for him to do something, how many millions of lives will be lost.  The World Trade Center was awful.  What could come about would make that look like a walk in the part.

Bottom line is that he is a loose cannon that the international community condemned and regulated.  His contempt for the world forced those doing the watching out.  He has not done he agreed with.

Foreign oil?  If we wanted it, we'd go and get it.  We don't need to go to Iraq to get it;  to force our will.  And where would they be if we didn't buy it?  They would probably be in the situation they were before that time.  Warlords moving across the country side.  Death, famine, etc.  In a way, they have it much better now.

Would the people of Iraq be better off without Saddam?  He's a butcher.  People follow him because they don't want to be butchered, or they like the power.  

Would I sleep better knowing that Saddam is not a threat to me, my two kids, and my wife?  Easy answer.  I spend enough time serving our country that the thought of biological weapons terrifies me.  The thought that some groups would like to set off a dirty bomb makes me angry.  I was trained at a Civil Defense Radiological Moniter.  Pretty straight forward stuff.  I am terrified at the though of watching my son die a slow and grusome death because of radiation sickness.

My mind is pretty made up.

Sorry, I didn't get to read the first post...  I'm just curious...
Super Dave

Baltobuell

Dave, It was a pretty similar view, in very graphic emotional stupid wording. You didn't miss anything. At this point, knowing their leaders and commanders were condoning they're behavior in Kuwait, and that I was drunk, you know it wasn't pretty.
 Now if this thread would only die

G 97

Does Irac boarder with Iraq???? ;D
G

Super Dave

I hope that's the special place that Saddam will go into exile in...

This would all be so easy if he would do that.  But the Arabic leaders have not put pressure on him to do as such.

On a related topic, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom, an extraordinarily boring book, is the book that Lawrence of Arabia wrote about his expliots during WWI.  I have one of the first copies.  Anyway, the movie Lawrence of Arabia was based on that book.  It does give a very unique insight into arabic life.  Things are just a certain way in the Middle East.  Very intesting movie to watch.  It can be very boring, but it is a rather epic production.
Super Dave

Jeff

In my infinite wisdom of 31 years...  Race, Religion and Politics are the three subjects that cannot be discussed with anyone.

Don't even try to fool yourself and think you can discuss them with your spouse.  That's a terrible mistake  :o

(okay Ice, it's all good)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

You're baiting me...

What does race, religion, or politics have to do with the wholesale killing of people?  Or the resaonable and immentent danger that he does in fact pose to you and I and others.  

That's why this is far beyond that race, religion, or politics.  Opinion, I know.  I was not so sure about the first gig in 1991.  This one is different.
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteIn my infinite wisdom of 31 years...  Race, Religion and Politics are the three subjects that cannot be discussed with anyone.

Don't even try to fool yourself and think you can discuss them with your spouse.  That's a terrible mistake  :o

What do you mean, can't discuss them with your spouse?   ???

Paul and I discuss politics all the time.  Fortunately I have a husband who sees everything the same way I do.   ;D

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Jeff

QuoteWhat do you mean, can't discuss them with your spouse?   ???

Paul and I discuss politics all the time.  Fortunately I have a husband who sees everything the same way I do.   ;D

Dawn   ;)

Just wait... you'll eventually find a point of disagreement...  It's inevitable...  I'm not saying my marriage is so shallow that I can't disagree with my wife, but it does lead to some rather lively discussions ;-)

And Dave, I wasn't fishing, just making a comment on the 3 topics.  Never did mention their direct relation to the topic at hand though  :-*
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Yeah, Jeff, I know...  But I couldn't resist...
Super Dave