Transponder Mounting

Started by CCS765, February 08, 2007, 02:39:27 PM

Sobottka

what are you guys gonna do if you have to change a tire before a race? run back to the shop?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Grashopr

Quote from: robsob on March 01, 2007, 08:39:15 PM
what are you guys gonna do if you have to change a tire before a race? run back to the shop?

If that's the only way to get it done.  Why, are they not going to allow us to get ahold of tires before we show up at the track either?
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"

Sobottka

i think you missed my point... you have to work on your bike at the track some... change tires, brakes,bleed brakes, clutch, crash dammage etc.  your transponder is a 5 min job
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Grashopr

I understand...  you just need to remember that my first race this year is going to be my first race ever, and it's pretty nerve-racking thinking that everything isn't 100% ready to go when I get to the track. 

The fact that it's an ASRA event, plus double region gives me the indication that there's going to be allot going on and ideally, I'd like to be as prepared as possible about 3 weeks prior to actually leaving (even though I live about 10 minutes away from HPT).  I remember my first dirt race, and even though I knew people there, there were things that came up in tech inspection and pre-race stuff that could have been handled had I known.  I dont want to end up missing anything because I either didnt' do something right, or I missed something that ends up getting me booted from tech.

If there is any way for me to buy myself an extra couple of minutes by doing something at home prior to the race, it'd make me feel a WHOLE TON better if I could get it done.  The chance that I'll forget a cordless drill, drill bits and zip-ties the morning of are enough of a reason to attempt to do this at home.  But if the only way is at the track, then we'll do it at the track.

I do appreciate you guys helping us newbies out.  Just stressing out a bit.
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

catman

IN CASE of emergency( first raceweekend)     1 Smile   2tell someone your new and need a lil guidance or assistance- 3 enjoy and good luck(stay safe) your gonna love it and even more if you can pack the bike  :thumb:up in 1 piece! 4  8)relax! john

Sobottka

just take a couple deep breaths... there will be plenty of people willing to help if you forget something or get caught off guard. if you have already done your basic race prep on the bike you will have plenty of time and should be fine  :thumb:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Grashopr

I'm hoping to get someone in the know to look over the bike at the HPT trackday on 4/19 to see if there is anything obvious that will push me out of tech prior to the 4/26 run, but I'm sure there will be something stupid that I forget.  Thanks guys!
CCS #303

Super Dave

16th, Phil.  Don't be alone... :biggrin:
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: Grashopr on March 02, 2007, 03:14:27 PM
If there is any way for me to buy myself an extra couple of minutes by doing something at home prior to the race, it'd make me feel a WHOLE TON better if I could get it done. 
Phil, I've got an extra bracket for the CCS transmitter.  I can bring it to Topeka, if you remind me in a couple weeks, like the warmers too...LOL!...and you'll have it.  Two holes and a zip tie.  The AMB trasmitter will go on your fork, and that doesn't require any drilling.  You'll be good.
Super Dave

Grashopr

Is it the 16th?!?!    See!   I would have showed up on Thursday for Monday's trackday.    :sleeping2:

Awesome on the transmitter bracket.  I'll see you at HPT one way or the other.
CCS #303

DougK

Ok, I gotta ask.  What is the scoop on transponders for CCS?  Is CCS using two different transponders depending on the region??  Different mounting then what the rulebook says?  Is there a switch to the AMB transponders for the whole org?  Can I use my AMB transponder in the MA region?

r1owner

Quote from: DougK on May 17, 2007, 12:41:10 PM
Ok, I gotta ask.  What is the scoop on transponders for CCS?  Is CCS using two different transponders depending on the region??  Different mounting then what the rulebook says?  Is there a switch to the AMB transponders for the whole org?  Can I use my AMB transponder in the MA region?

Not sure in your region, but... I think every region but the GP region uses the Westhold transponders.