Transponder Mounting

Started by CCS765, February 08, 2007, 02:39:27 PM

CCS765

Quote from: loc_dogg on February 08, 2007, 07:22:54 PM
How do have white plates and not know how to mount your transponder?  :err:

Florida region did not use transponders until this year (except at Daytona and I could not remember from when I was there last year...I'm old and senile).

Team_Serpent

Hold on!  I may have told you the wrong way, it may be fine as is pictured.  It's hard to tell from the cropping of the pic which is the rear of the tail.  Can the back part of the seat be seen in the picture or is that the back point of the tail?

CCS765

Quote from: Team_Serpent on February 12, 2007, 11:45:39 PM
Hold on!  I may have told you the wrong way, it may be fine as is pictured.  It's hard to tell from the cropping of the pic which is the rear of the tail.  Can the back part of the seat be seen in the picture or is that the back point of the tail?

The back part of the seat is to the left in the photo.  I mounted it the way you said (180 from the photo) with transponder slide pointed towards the seat.  It worked out fine last weekend at Homestead.  Thanks for the help.

Sig

Sweet, I didnt' know FL was going to have transponders this year!!

Team_Serpent

Phew, cool, glad it worked out

ipscer

Quote from: Paco on February 11, 2007, 06:34:51 PM
Do they issue this transponder mount at the track? If not, how do I get mine before going to the track? It would be less painless mounting it at home in the garage before the high stress track day. Thanks in advance.

I also would like to mount the bracker before coming to the track. Just permits me one less thing to fool with.

Any Chance CCS will let us buy it before hand i.e through the mail.

Grashopr

Quote from: ipscer on February 21, 2007, 07:26:20 PM
I also would like to mount the bracker before coming to the track. Just permits me one less thing to fool with.

Any Chance CCS will let us buy it before hand i.e through the mail.

+1.   I'd like to purchase one prior to the first date...  how could we go about this?
And for those of us in the GP area..    is TrackAddix going to be using the same type of transponder as the CCS-ran events at HPT and RA?  If not, where can we get a mounting bracket for the TA transponders?
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"

Sobottka

get your transponder mount @ the track.... if you dont have time to mount it ( a couple zip ties) your in deep doo doo  :thumb: :lmao:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

tstruyk

GP series uses AMB transponders, if you have one... bring it.  If not you can get one at the track, along with a bracket.  they ziptie to your fork, and you return the bracket when you return your transponder.  you CAN buy the bracket if you choose to, your call.

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Grashopr

They Zip-Tie to your fork?  Or your tail?  If I am going to be drilling holes in the tail, I'd prefer to do that at the shop, not at the track.  if all I have to do is zip-tie it to the fork, that's definitely something do-able at the track.   
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"

Sobottka

both- track addix uses the kind (amb) that zip tie to your forks, ccs uses the kind (?) that goes on the tail somewhere... either way its a couple zip ties and maybe drilling a couple holes in your bodywork.......
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

catman

----- :err: :pop:A HIGH STRESS TRACKDAY :err: