News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Concerned about our future

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, January 21, 2003, 06:47:53 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I am still planing on doing some of these things on my own but I was refering more to the larger stuff like live radio broadcasts and larger picture ads in the local newspaper. I plan on going to the local motorcycle shops and dropping off flyers and possible making up some little displays orientated toward their product line if possible (such as using a Buell or Harley in the photo at those shops). I don't think I will be purchasing any banners or business cards though. The concern I do have with this is the possible legal concerns with using CCS's name and the track's name. I realize you don't make any unrealistic promises in an advertisement but beyond that I don't know? That's why I thought if CCS was involved in at least guiding a volunteer with an advertising info packet it would be safer in the event of a problem. I thought it would be easier than having everyone concerned calling CCS and asking questions.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Screw CCS's logo! (Don't get me started...)

Put the dates, put some pictures on it, put the location.

If they think road racing is cool, they will come.  

Whether it's CCS or the ABSRO (American Belt Sander Racing Organization), who cares.  You're gonna race there, so I guess it's the place to be.

Now, I just need a place to teach people how to race belt sanders... ??? ???
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteNow, I just need a place to teach people how to race belt sanders... ??? ???

I have an ol' Black & Decker belt sander that can scoot across a table pretty good.  Just remind me to bring a longer extension cord.  The last time I almost got konk'd in the head by the plug as it flew out of the wall.   ;D

Dawn   :)

http://www.beltsander-races.com/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Zig had it partly right, some organizations really don't want to raise fees but it is inevitable. Some org's will just cover expenses while others will look at it as a chance to make a bigger profit. Like taxes, once the fees are raised you'll never see them go down. I don't care how many people you put through the front gate.  AMA pros still pay gate fees don't they?  AMA should be paying them appearance money but ......no way Charlie.

As for promotion .... you can stick your hard earned money and time into promoting the race org. if you like but don't expect much return, if any.  Promote yourself, your team, your sponsors.  That may lead to bringing more people to the track with a specific goal of watching you compete.  Trying to promote the race org. is an up hill battle all the way. Been there, done that, LOL.  Not trying to be a downer on this thread but having been around this stuff for 20 years as racer, free lance correspondent/photographer, promoter, race director and a huge fan it's as I said in my first reply, you're beating a dead horse that's been dead a long, long time.  :(

So anyway, have a great day  ;D ;D ;D

EX#996

QuoteThere will have to be rules....

Divisions determined by the amps of the motor.....
Stock division would have stock drive rollers...
Superstock, modify at will...
Corded and Cordless divisions as well (do they make a cordless belt sander?)

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

Belt sander racing, hmmmm sounds interesting. I think I already have a team name for it - Got Wood? Racing. lol
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

the_weggie_man

Bar stool racing .... gotta be bar stool racing, unless I can build a 4 stroke belt sander. ::)

T595

first of all I must applaud each of you for some very insightful thoughts.  I am obviously not a rocket scientist but have a bit of experience in the business end of things. I believe your on the right track, and able to do it cheaper than nassscar did it in the 50's. With the use of the internet and instant communication CCS privateers could organize, sending a flyer prior to each event and followed it up at each following event etc.... the ball would start rolling. Sponsorships will come, as stated, from relationship's and it won't be $10,000 from one but $500 from 20, it is hardwork and what is paved today will be fruitful for racers in the future. The common privateer will not see an income worth the risk's, that's why it is done for the love of the sport..... entertain thread though, by the way i'm looking for a few more sponsors are any of you willing... please send cash.....

DRU2

You kNow as I read alot of these  letters i get to thinking how we could do this and really not have to put alot of effort into i.Now bare with me! Theres a movie coming out and we all know what it is! and we all now that the sport riding industreis going to take the fall!(we the bad guys) BUT,if we could get some on with more nollage them myself to go and talk to the news stations when all of the negative thoughts come out,and show them that there is a place and there are responsible people with a place to go fast and be competive .Maybe we can use this bandwagon of sorts to help us get some coverag and show the country that there is a time and place for all this! wether it be stunt shows at lunch or more people coming to see us or more racers into the sport.I was always told uyou just have to wait for the time and place you just cant miss it. are we going to miss ours? All I'm saying is if there's going to be negative thought articals lets be the one to say NO! thats not what sport riding is all about and that is not the sport that we all came to love!!!!!

Thats just my humble thought take it how you may! but if someone going to say something bed and get all kinds of air tim about it and exposer then why can't we use this negativity to our advantage!!!!          

JUST A HUMBLE RIDERS THOUGHTS!  
                                   JOE

DRU2

Another thing i just thought of . I dont mean the motorcycle mags and the racing mags. the people that we have to get ahold of dont read those!