News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DO NOT BUY TRANSPONDERS!!!

Started by TiffineyIngram, January 03, 2003, 04:49:06 PM

TiffineyIngram

There is someone out there trying to sell GLRRAs transponders to CCS riders.  DO NOT BUY THESE TRANSPONDERS JUST BECAUSE OF THE CCS SWITCH TO ELECTRONIC SCORING!!!  DB Comm transponders or AMB transponders WILL NOT WORK with our new system!!!  Please, unless it is for personal use, do not waste your money on these!  CCS will issue transponders at registration--at no cost!  There is no need to buy any type of transponder--in fact, the transponders we will be using are unique to our series and are not for sale on a retail level.  I'm not saying this guy isn't legit, I'm just looking out for y'all...I'd hate to see you waste money that you could put into a new clutch or tires...or flowers for your wives...
 ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

Tiffiney, I was wondering how the transponders will mount on our bikes. Is there a mount of some type that will be permanently affixed to our bike that the transponder will lock into? If so can we obtain it before the start of the season or should we be prepared to have to attach it at the track (are screws etc. included with mount)? Also is the mount included free of charge and what if we need multiple ones for different bikes? I have never used a transponder before and I would imagine that there are others out there with similar questions that would also prefer to do any work possible ahead of time.
                          Thanks,
                                    M.R.W.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Speedballer347

Quote... DB Comm transponders or AMB transponders WILL NOT WORK with our new system!!! ...
Tiffiney, I already bought 3 of them for my bikes!

I'll wait for you to send me the 3 riembursement checks, before I send CCS the worthless transponders.
Thanks!!! ;D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Dawn

Thanks Tiffiney for the heads up.

Dawn   :)

phillip

So Tiffiney you are saying that the CCS transponders will not be compatible with WERA?
Phillip
EX 56
Cornerspeed.net

bmfgsxr

im pretty psyched that we will now have transponders everywhere. ;D

Thingy

I'm just bummed that the Midwest has to wait until July before they are implemented. :-[  Please hurry!
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

bfkidd

Here's how to attach a transponder:

They give you everything in a baggy. You wait until first call of practice, or have no choice because of tech lines. Then you run around like mad trying to find a drill and removing the tail to try and drill the holes. Then you get everything on there and it's all good and practice session ends. That is pretty much how you do it. Just remember to bring a drill.

GPgofast

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

knee_dragger

Sounds great.  Hopefully the mounts will fit the holes already there from other transponders.  If not, I guess there is always velcro! ;D

Johnny B

QuoteDO NOT BUY THESE TRANSPONDERS JUST BECAUSE OF THE CCS SWITCH TO ELECTRONIC SCORING!!!  DB Comm transponders or AMB transponders WILL NOT WORK with our new system!!!
Where exactly is this new system being used? All CCS club events? FUSA nationals? I question this because LRRS (A CCS affiliate) uses the AMB system at Loudon. If FUSA is using this system, does that mean that the riders will be juggling two different transponders on their bikes when the Loudon Classic hosts a combined LRRS/FUSA event? Please get me up to speed on this, I'll be dealing with it in June.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com