News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DO NOT BUY TRANSPONDERS!!!

Started by TiffineyIngram, January 03, 2003, 04:49:06 PM

the_weggie_man

Question I forgot in last reply.

If you cut a groove "in" the track, put "in" the wire, then seal over it.  How is that not "in" the pavement? It is not on top of the pavement, it is "in" a cut "in" the pavement.

KBOlsen

Tiff, I hope you're feeling better soon.  Being sick on your b-day is a bummer.

How much are the pouches, and when will they be available for purchase?  We'd like to get ours as soon as they are available.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

sdiver68

What about the padlock on the gate at BHF?  I mean, did they get a good one with a key, or did they use a combo lock?

Did anyone check to make sure there are enough key cutters in the Beloit area?  What happens if the combo accidentally falls into the grindings used to pave the pit?

Now I'll never sleep at night worrying whether CCS can ever get into the track  :-/

Get better Tiff!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteWhat about the padlock on the gate at BHF?  I mean, did they get a good one with a key, or did they use a combo lock?

Did anyone check to make sure there are enough key cutters in the Beloit area?  What happens if the combo accidentally falls into the grindings used to pave the pit?

Now I'll never sleep at night worrying whether CCS can ever get into the track  :-/

Get better Tiff!

Well there is a back way into the track ;) Come out right after turn 1.;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

the_weggie_man

CCS has been locked out before ......... ;D ;D

Eric Kelcher

My point about it not being "in" the track is that it is installed after the pavement is down not mixed into asphalt when it is laid. This loop is used by most all of the electronic scoring systems. Never having been to BHF before I would assume that they already had one for SCCA, Karts, or other races that occur there. Never seen a problem with track having one installed they are standard practice today and any top level facilty installs one themselves.  
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

the_weggie_man

Just checked with Blackhawk owner Ray Irwin. They have made provisions for installing the loop for electronic scoring in the new track surface ;D

Dawn

QuoteJust checked with Blackhawk owner Ray Irwin. They have made provisions for installing the loop for electronic scoring in the new track surface ;D

Thanks for keeping us in the.....  "loop"   ;D

Dawn   :D

TiffineyIngram

lol...Dawn, you're killin me!  By the way, thanks guys, I'm feeling much better, and my birthday is off to a great start!