News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Barber SV BBQ Roast

Started by Protein Filled, August 15, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

NumbskullzSE

Yeah, two crashes down here in two weekends matches my whole first four years racing. Get me back to BIR and BHF!

Rich

QuoteIn my 2 visits to Barber I've noticed that nobody (mostly SE guys) cares if someone allready has the race line into turn 1. They just keep pushing in until they make room or someone crashes. I hope they got good results and were awarded big contracts for next season. As for me, I have a regular job, a family to support and do this for fun. :(

I'm with you on that one Kev.

During practice on my first lap AM #841 passed me so tight that he hit my bars and sent me into a nasty tank slapper that I was lucky to save.

During the Thunderbike race right after the 4th lap the same guy rear ended me in the coaster, taking us both out.  Since my bike was on the track and his was in the gravel trap I was cited as the cause of the red flag.  I was in third prior to him hitting me, and I ended up in 11th due to the penalty - he took my 3rd.

That aside, he blamed the crash on me saying that I was going too slow in that turn and he didn't expect me to go over the rumble strip the way he does.  He also blamed in on my lack of experience at that track - although I have been there for three events and a total of seven days.

I don't know that its a certain region that is more aggressive....last year I don't remember anything like this, however it appeared that there were no hold bared this year.
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

Hey Mark, I have a real nice set of injectors if you need them!
Glad you're OK.  From now on, leave the crashing to Edgar....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com