News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Barber SV BBQ Roast

Started by Protein Filled, August 15, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Gixxer124

QuoteHey man it aint the SE guys, its the midatlantic guys!

;D ;D

Burt Munro

QuoteIn my 2 visits to Barber I've noticed that nobody (mostly SE guys) cares if someone allready has the race line into turn 1. They just keep pushing in until they make room or someone crashes. I hope they got good results and were awarded big contracts for next season. As for me, I have a regular job, a family to support and do this for fun. :(

Kevin,

Kinda reminds me of some comments I heard last year at Blackhawk (the weekend that AMA was rained out at VIR).  There were some guys there from Kentucky that a number of people commented about their similar riding style.

Must come from watchin' too much NASCAR in that part of the country! :o  (Bet I'm gonna hear about this one!)
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

QuoteMust come from watchin' too much NASCAR in that part of the country! :o  (Bet I'm gonna hear about this one!)

I hear there is a push to make bump drafiting legal at Daytona next year!!  ;D
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Gixxer124

QuoteKevin,

Kinda reminds me of some comments I heard last year at Blackhawk (the weekend that AMA was rained out at VIR).  There were some guys there from Kentucky that a number of people commented about their similar riding style.

Must come from watchin' too much NASCAR in that part of the country! :o  (Bet I'm gonna hear about this one!)

Not naming names, but that would've been Brandon Parish. ;)

Burt Munro

Johnny, tell our winner what's behind the curtain!

Lee57

I was up on the top deck to watch and snap pics because my buddy (710 exp, SV SB) was in his first CCS race ever.  he has raced with WERA for years.  anyway, at about the same time that I snapped these pics, someone rammed into my buddy up the inside of T11 right at the apex.  he said he was practically on the curbing and never saw the guy until impact.  he said it was the hardest by far that he had ever been hit.  he went over the high-side and tumbled across T12, up the hill and onto the grass and stopped short of the tire wall.  somehow, he walked away essentially unhurt except for a smashed little-finger.  his SV was busted up pretty bad, though.  my thinking on passing up the inside in T11 is that you better damn sure know that you've got room.  any collision there can be deadly.  if you stay on the bike after a hit in T11 and run straight off through 12 onto the grass, it is highly probable that you are going to hit the tire wall: there's no gravel trap there to slow you down.  in my buddy's case, he was probably fortunate that he fell onto the track first.

Burt Munro

QuoteIn my 2 visits to Barber I've noticed that nobody (mostly SE guys) cares if someone allready has the race line into turn 1. They just keep pushing in until they make room or someone crashes. I hope they got good results and were awarded big contracts for next season. As for me, I have a regular job, a family to support and do this for fun. :(

Must be gettin' bad.  I heard some people talking about dumping their SV's to go back to 600's.  Said MW isn't as cut throat as LW! ;D
 ;D

NumbskullzSE

I'm so glad you got a picture of my bike on fire, Mitorad! Thank you! All I had was those burnt aftermath photos. -If your bike is gonna burn, you might as well have a picture of the bonfire.
I think it's just something about how great of a track Barber is that brings out all the crazy, bad racing.

Thumper881

Mark, I thought we were racing cleanly? Except for your surprise to see me,I held that line all the through turn 2 & 3.

NumbskullzSE

QuoteI think it's just something about how great of a track Barber is that brings out all the crazy, bad racing.

Dude, I wasn't refering to you or us with that comment. That was just a general comment to this whole thread about people getting crazy in the LW class. No, I've never said my crash was your fault...you got the good line thru the turn, I wasn't willing to let of the throttle and I lost it. I have no hard feeling at all.

Who is Mitorad? Can I get your name and permission to run your photo on the crash page of RRW? Can you e-mail me? Edgar and my buddy works at RRW and wants to put it on the Crash Page. E-mail me at
info@AmericanRoadracer.com if you can.

Lee57

Mark,
I sent you a PM yesterday with my email address if you wanted additional pics.  I'll send you an email now.
Lee

putter

Glad you are ok, Mark. Should stick to the tracks up north.  ;D