News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Say YES to transponders

Started by bfkidd, December 03, 2002, 05:28:23 AM

bfkidd

WERA is trying to get CCS to go along with them and implement a transponder system for next year. As a CCS rider I think this is what we have been looking for. I would hate to do an occasional WERA event and get to use a transponder but still have none for CCS.

So lets bug Kevin Elliott about something that will do everybody good this time!

sdiver68

Yes to transponders!

Is that whay you had in mind?  ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

slowpoke97

i like the idea of having transponders but i am to slow for them lol

Super Dave

It was in the works, I believe.  But I haven't heard anything more.  It's just a matter of cost.  Even then, at the Team Challenge events, the girls doing the scoring have been utilized with the transponders, but they hade more consistency than the transponders.
Super Dave

tcchin

We were issued transponders last weekend at Willow Springs for all events. We were told that they were going to be used all next year, as well. Except for the stupid nylon pouch, I think they worked out well. I would prefer to use the AMA-type bracket-and-clip arrangement, as that's a lot more convenient, particularly when running multiple bikes.

sportbikepete

I ran an FUSA weekend last year and they used the clip type transponders. Oh well the holes are already drilled so whatever happens happens.

Gixxer124

CRA runs with transponders. Does anyone know their program is set up?

Protein Filled

For CRA you get a transponder asigned to you at tech. There is a $10.00 fee added to your races for the transponder. It's in a bag that you have to zip tie to the rear of the bike. You must return them at the end of the weekend or you will be fined $50.00. I think that GLRRA used to use transponders also, but they were owned by the racer so there was no fee or penalty.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Gixxer124

Super Dave

As I understand it, there will be a $5 fee added to races.

From there, it's all up in the air, I believe.  But it seems like it will happen.
Super Dave

ysr612

cmra uses DB transponders for the endurance races and they are great

but they tried using the clip on ones early in the season and it was a disaster.

I notice that DB makes a system to do lots of bikes and the transponders are less then $200

OmniGLH

What's the advantage to having a transponder anyways?

The only reason I'd want one is cuz they look kinda cool on my bike, and you can get postings of you lap times.  Those aren't very good reasons, especially since I have a laptimer.  I don't know if "looking cool" is worth the trouble.

So what's the other advantages?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak