News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Say YES to transponders

Started by bfkidd, December 03, 2002, 05:28:23 AM

Dawn

Yes, the cost of entering races suck$.  Is it their fault?  No.  Too many races?  Maybe for us in the MW/GP/GL region.  Nine to ten races would be good.  thirteen to fourteen?  Ouch...

I agree.  Knowing that we cannot afford to make them all, it's a struggle to figure out which ones we are going to attend.

Dawn  

Super Dave

I believe that it diminishes the competition during the season.  Rather than have ten really good guys going at it for eight races, you end up with fewer.  Who can financially survive the season?  And with the overall championship being decided by the most points from all classes...  Same thing again.
Super Dave

Decreasing_Dave

This brings up a point.

I saw your region's tenative schedule and I can sympathize with you Middle Americans.  That's a lot of races to afford.

But here's my dilema.

Here in the Southwest they say that the Firebird course is our home track.  Yet, the very first race, a double point race, is 10 hours away in California.  I have to attend if I'm to contest for any kind of championship (double points).  And then there's the quantity of Firebird races.  For being our "Home Track", you would think that we would have more races there besides 4 out of 10.  Sheeeesh, I just started and I think I'm going bankrupt.

I'm taking donations, 'tis the season.  Fa la la, la la and all that.

Super Dave

We have that too.

But to make it more fun...

We have two events that are part of the NRRS/FUSA series.  So, $125 for your first race and then $50 for each one after.  Oh, but you get a free gate pass...(how about a reach around....LOL! :o)

But it's really the insurance that has hurt this all.  Too many lawsuits, too much money.  I can sympathize with someone, but I'm not worth $100 million dollars to my family.  Yes, I will be misses, as would my wife or my kids, etc., but the extraordinary amounts?  

If you put hot coffee cup in your lap, you will get burnt.  Have a nice day :).

If you break into someones house and then slip on the floor or the garage door comes down on you after you raped and maimed everyone...that's called poetic justice.  Severe jail time should follow where you spend years breaking rocks with a sledgehammer.  

Oops, off topic...
Super Dave

sdiver68

oops
MCRA Race School Instructor

Eric Kelcher

Dave you forget with the combined NRRS/CCS rounds you get day of practice also.
SO normal 4 races/wkd with practice day and gate
65+45+30+30+125+20= 315

NRRS/CCS wkd 4 races
125+50+50+50=275

hmm seems cheaper to me but my math is not to good
 ::)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

bmfgsxr

bring on the transponders. i hope they start using them. add 5 bucks to the fee. shit, they will do it anyway so we might as well get something for it. loudon uses transponders for their events. its nice to see your own improvement. not only do i race against 45 other people out there but i race against my self.  there is no good reason not to have them. unless you want betty lou and her sisters to try and remember who was in what position while they were filing their nails.  ;)

Dawn

Quoteunless you want betty lou and her sisters to try and remember who was in what position while they were filing their nails.  ;)

Hey! Gee thanks for appreciating their effort.  ::)

Those ladies scoring sit out in the blazing sun, in the cold damp weather and the rain just so we know how we did.  And most of the time they get the order of the finish correct.  

Walk up and thank them sometime, I know they would appreciate it.

Dawn  

Mongo

Chris - I'm sorry if reality isn't pleasant to you.  People whining about a minor increase in fees when they are obviously willing to spend a lot of money on other parts of this sports bothers me, and it should.  Why should the sanctioning bodies always bear the brunt of the whining when prices go up?  You wanna bitch about a $5 increase - email me, I'll gladly give you the numbers for the tracks and the insurance company.

And guess what else, pissing you off because I have a bad attitude really doesn't bother me - wanna know why?  Because I'm right, if I had to guess that's probably what really gets you doesn't it?  It is nothing more than a hobby, and I personally would hate to see any of my friends that I've made in this sport go totally bankrupt doing what for them is just a hobby.  That is stupid.  If you can't afford it - don't do it.  Simple no?

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

L8Brakr155

YES !!  we need them things would be so much smoother and less arguing = more racing

;D

EX#996

QuoteDave you forget with the combined NRRS/CCS rounds you get day of practice also.
SO normal 4 races/wkd with practice day and gate
65+45+30+30+125+20= 315

NRRS/CCS wkd 4 races
125+50+50+50=275

hmm seems cheaper to me but my math is not to good
 ::)

Eric:

Our math in the midwest is a bit different...

Practice at BHF is only $75 plus a gate fee of $20 normal spectator fee for the weekend is $30.00 so:
75+20+30+65+45+30+30= $295.00

The combined event at RA has some different rules and is considered a spectator event.  So my spectator fee is $50 vs. $30, plus since my husband runs HW sportsman on his SV and that class is run in conjunction with the Thunderbikes we get to pay an additional $25 for that class.  So:
125+50+50+75+50= $400.00

Just some clarification on Dave's point.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Even then, at RA with the extra practice day, riders were lucky to get three laps in during a practice session.  Try to make a change?  You're done.  It was a waste of money.  I entered races for practice.  That is dangerous.
Super Dave