1991 and older bikes

Started by CaSpEr_Dude, November 24, 2002, 07:59:56 PM

CaSpEr_Dude

Kevin
some of us would like to run in the light weight classes like Lw super bike  LW GP
 all the bike that run in those classes are SV and some fzr 400 that are not stock any way we would like to be able to run 1991 or older 600 s in those class as well
because our bikes are only competitive against those bike we are at about 86 to 87 horse and some of the svs are well over that and so are the fzr 400
we can run with these bike and have half a chance
not like with the 110 hrs power 600 out of the box!!!!
in the middle weight class where we are in the way !

roadracer797

Casper
I think 92 and older myself, but what you say is so true.

CaSpEr_Dude

ya ok 92 or older this the only way we can compete
plus the mweight and h weight a light weight points do not count over all so who can we compete!!

Super Dave

Almost seems equitable.  

I know my supersport F2 (1992 model) had 94HP.  Superbike ones made 108HP.  My F2 weighed in at 410# at Brainerd in 1993 with some fuel in the tank.  SV's weigh less and can make 100HP but not necessarily reliably.  
Super Dave

Dawn

Hey guys...

If this would possibly go through, I would lose my street bike!  Paul would just need to put my '91 ZX-6 back on the track

Dawn  

sdiver68

If they did that I think a superbike F2 would become the new bike to beat, displacing the SV, which might not make Suzuki happy.  I had one of the first F2's to make it Stateside, a 1991 model, so maybe you'd have to go 90.... :o

How about limiting 90 something or older to Supersport prep?  But then enforcement becomes difficult, not that it isn't for other classes as well.

MCRA Race School Instructor

CaSpEr_Dude

why would suzuki be unhappy it was one of the hotest selling bikes the last two years and it will not stop any time soon it a cheap and easy bike to get going on the trackand besides  they have tons of race already and we are still competetive with the sv.The
handling package is 10 times the f2 any there is not alot of them around any more anyway
!
I'm just asking for 2 more classes and a lightweightsuperbike is putting out more than 90 some hrs power and dave like you said hp dose not mean much any way at the track that we do !!
92 AND OLDER  WOULD WORK it would bring back all the older bikes back and get more racer out there .it would be something that some people could afford
in this day and time and it would bring more money to the ccs alot of guy run only a few races with the older bike cuz they are sick of getting there ass motored on the straight anyway and this would bring them out on the track giving ccs more money and us older bikes a better chance to compete in some race we couldn't and would try other wise

Super Dave

You would look at it as a performance index.  

Kevin would be the guy to talk to.

Write up something saying exactly how it should be in the rule book, get it to us on the board, and then we can refine it and send it in to Kevin with our names.  
Super Dave

Dave_Alexander

86 to 87 HP!!  Why don't we just leave the lightweight classes to the lightweight bikes?  My EX500 superbike puts out 54HP and my Skorpion is closer to 40.  You're comparing your 86HP 600 to the most heavily modified and expensive bikes in the class.  Try comparing it to the relatively stock lightweight bikes (even SV's) and your older 600 still has a significantly unfair advantage.  I don't want to have to build an unreliable $10K SV just to be competitive with your 600.  If you're unhappy that your 10 year old 600 isn't competitive anymore then buy a newer one.  By trying to move your middleweight bike into the lightweight class you're just adding to the costs involved for all the other LW racers.

BTW, this is all just my opinion.  It may sound a little harsh but it's not intended to be.

Dawn

Gosh Dave...

Why don't you let us know how you really feel.   ;)

Just teasing.

Dawn   :D

wera331

86 to 87 HP!!  Why don't we just leave the lightweight classes to the lightweight bikes?
I was thinking the same thing I dont think I'd have any kind of a chance agianst those motorcycles with my 65 hp. : but, I've got a 92 gsxr 750 with only 100 hp. can I race that in lightweight too?

Dave_Alexander

QuoteGosh Dave...

Why don't you let us know how you really feel.  

Yeah, I know.  It even sounded bad as I read it.  I didn't mean to come across as angry or anything.

It's just that SV's have already raised the bar so much that practically no other LW bike stands a chance anymore.  Adding older 600's that start out with 85+HP will only compound the situation.  It wouldn't be so bad if SV's were plentiful in the $1500 range like some of the other LW bikes.  :D