News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

1991 and older bikes

Started by CaSpEr_Dude, November 24, 2002, 07:59:56 PM

sdiver68

Hey Casper didn't mean to rain on your parade...just saying that your proposal would make the F2 the GSXR1000 of the LW classes.

How about another class, call it Formula 3000, with a $3000 claiming rule? LOL, now THAT would be entertainment ;D

MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

Ok, it might not be such a good idea.

Here's why I think that.  

I know that Ed Key and Mike Reibe got into the very high 17's at BFR on their supersport SV's.

In 1993 on F2's, we were doing 15's and 16's.  That wouldn't make you a leader in a current production 600 race, but it would put you worlds ahead in LWSS, let alone LWSB which isn't going to be much faster.
Super Dave

FullMoonRacing

F2's in LW?  Ridiculous.  As has been mentioned, you're incorrectly generalizing the "100HP SV's" to the entire LW class.

the_weggie_man

This is the reality of the sport. In any mechanized competition, machines evolve. Someone builds the killer bike for the class, whatever class it is and everyone chases them.

Over the years think RZ's, GPz's, FZR's, CBR's, GSX-r's. F1's, F2's, F3's and on, R6's, ZX's, and so forth.
It happens, you have to upgrade equipment to stay competitive.

Moving midweights to lightweight and so forth is not the answer.  Sportsman class was supposed to handle most of this stuff. Your bike just happens to be in that gray area where it's being killed by new stuff but not old enough for other classes.

The situation calls for you to either upgrade to a newer midweight or buy a lightweight. Either is going to cost you money. Nobody ever said racing was cheap.  

There are some low dollar SV's around if you do some serious looking.  I know of a couple Sv's that sold in the $1,500 range this year. Yeah they needed some work but they're out there. You should be able to move into a decent SV for under $5K.

the_weggie_man

Da-n man, I just went shopping on the web a little bit just to see what's out there and you can buy a whole lot of better bike for under $5K. There's competitive stuff all over for low bucks.  

All those guys that just have to have the latest and greatest are selling things reasonable. Even though they haven't ridden what they have to it's full potential yet.

Just love those guys that think the only thing that will make them faster is a new bike.

CaSpEr_Dude

ok guys if you are going to coment then READ the whole damb post cause if you look at the one that started all this you would see that was aking for just the lw superbike and the lw GP not all the stinking lw weight classes Edgar Dorns bike is faster than my 600 hell pulls my hard in the straights .
you 100 hrpower gxsr is a 91 or old have fun than I don't care if I have to run against it I doo every race weekend in the middle weight class my WHOLE point to this is to have fun with more competetive bikes like the sv fzr 400 and 250 they all are  around the same when it comes to raceing in the super bike class and GP classes Mark styles can kiss most of our ass and his bike is legal in the Gp what worng there ! nothing alot has to do with rider I feel I'm faster ridr than some in the back half of the track but then you get to the straights good by sv ! once again I was only taling about the SUPER BIKE AND GP LIGHTWEIGHT CLASSES !!!!! CHILL OUT GUYS

CaSpEr_Dude

OK THATS FINE WHEN CAN EXSPECT THAT CHECK FOR 5K SO I CAN GO GET MY BIKE !
if my bike is a middle weight bike than let me run in the middle weightsportsman class I can't do that so the only one is the heavy weight but my bike is a 600 heavy weight bikes are 750 and bigger what th heck is that all about then !
lesten as I said before just in the lwsuper bike and gp lw and waggie I fi'm not misstaken didn't your sv put out over 110 ponys ya thats what I heard !
and what ed keys is over a 100 his super bike one or wait that is you old bike right can get all straight !

Dawn

Jees Casper....

Chill out!  

Everyone has someone thy feel that they cannot compete against.  How do you think Paul felt competing against Jesse Janish?

Dawn   :)

CaSpEr_Dude

he felt the same way I did thats why I'm asking for the rule change in the super bike and Gp lw weight classes !!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

No - he realizes that even with his stock SV there won't certain people or machines that will have the advantage.  It is a part of racing at the club level.

Dawn  

P.S.  Please also remember that it is not just adults reading this BBS, kids are too.
 ;)

CaSpEr_Dude

dawn please say what ever you are saying again cuz I read it over and over and I must be missing what you are trying to say !
and what was the ps thing about ?

Dawn

Never mind....

The P.S. thing - WERA, Chicagoland, and other BBS that are out there are, on certian threads down right vulgar.  Everyone is trying to come up with creative ways to swear online without the controls set up by the monitor of the BBS catching it.

I have a 10 year old, and I am sure that I am not the only one with a child, who is getting into the racing scene and wants to get a feel for the atmosphere and the issues regarding racing.  They don't need to be reading that kind of stuff.  It doesn't help make the point either (or at least in my mind).

Call me an old prude, but a persons point can be made without the profanity.

Dawn