Non-racer friend seeking cheap tire vendor.. help?

Started by OmniGLH, April 04, 2005, 08:29:56 PM

OmniGLH

I've got a friend of mine on another board (that's completely unrelated to bikes or racing) who has an R1 and wants to pick up a set of the new Michelin Pilot Powers.  He asked me for advice on a good place to get them cheap.... but I don't have any answers for him, since I buy everything through the Michelin distributor.

Since I'm like WAY out of the loop lately when it comes to cheap street bike stuff - anybody got any suggestions for a good internet site or whatever that sells the PP's at a good discount?

I'd send him to Tom but a) can Tom sell to a non-racer? and b) I don't know if Tom's pricing on a street tire is worth it once you factor in the shipping costs.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

spyderchick

Buy a set of tires for him at the track and bring 'em back w/ you.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

OmniGLH

QuoteBuy a set of tires for him at the track and bring 'em back w/ you.

He's looking to buy something this week   :-/
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

cornercamping

Call Monte Lutz from Sportbike Tracktime.  Good guy, good prices, always in stock, and only sells Michellin  :)

www.sportbiketracktime.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Protein Filled

Rob at Lithium can help, but FYI,  Tommy can sell to a street guy as well. Do remember that he would have to pay shipping unless he buys local.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

r1owner

G 97

QuoteCall Monte Lutz from Sportbike Tracktime.  Good guy, good prices, always in stock, and only sells Michellin  :)

www.sportbiketracktime.com

Always advertising.  You that banner at the top.  That is the proper way.   ::) ::)

G

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

QuoteAlways advertising.  You that banner at the top.  That is the proper way.   ::) ::)

Uh OH!  :o We have a battle of the Track Day Orgs this morning!!!

This site is great for tires, prices are low. http://www.americanmototire.com/

The best thing to do is try a few different sites and compare prices. Then if you call Dennis Kirk, I'm pretty sure they will match or beat anyones price.

If your friend does track days I'm sure Garth or Lonnie will hook him up with a good deal only if he spends 200 bucks to ride all day with one of there orgs.

EM JAY

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

cornercamping

QuoteAlways advertising. ÊYou that banner at the top. ÊThat is the proper way. Ê ::) ::)

I'm not advertising.  I don't work there nor do I have any affiliation other than being a customer.  The difference is, SOMEONE ASKED for help on getting tires.