News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Build or Bust on Speed

Started by spyderchick, March 30, 2005, 10:05:54 AM

spyderchick

QuoteNah....

I think he was just trying to think of something cool to say.  

;D

Yup,  just trying to impress the female crowd.  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cb186

QuoteNah....

I think he was just trying to think of something cool to say.  

;D

and unfortunately, that was the best i could come up with. i bet your all thinking, "how is it possible, that he's single, yet so smoooooooth"

:P
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

cb186

QuoteYup,  just trying to impress the female crowd.  ;)

well, atleast the single ones. "wait <looks around, sees none> nevermind"  :(

2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

GSXR RACER MIKE

I feel very confident I could do it. I am going to sound like I am bragging here, but this is the truth about my abilities. I'm a certified Tool and Die Maker of 17 years and work for a business that specializes in jobs with deadlines that are almost impossible to meet, yet we make it happen. I currently disect new tooling designs, break them into individual details for CNC & Wire EDM, troubleshoot the designs, and problem solve potential problems before the job reaches the shop to be machined. I can run most all machine shop type machines, CNC mill and lathe, Wire & conventional EDM's, Industrial Laser, & I can MIG & TIG weld very well. I have a natural Artistic ability that I picked up from my grand father who was a proffesional Artist and have found it also blends well with metal working. I'm also use to having the responsibility of having many things all going at once and thinking ahead on the job to what is trying to be achieved and what is the required steps to get there.

I truely believe they wouldn't accept someone like myself because there would be a high probability they would be giving me the bike. The 'fish out of water' contestants are what draws the repeat viewers, it makes the masses feel like mabey they could do it, so they continue to watch. Someone who breezes thru the build without the traditional 'deer in the headlights' look constantly on their face just wouldn't be entertainment. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

spyderchick

You know, I think you should apply. I'm like you, I think I can do anything. Roadracing was the first thing I've ever done that has humbled me to my ablilities. (I wish I would have started racing when I was in my early 20s rather than my late 30s) Even if you don't like the finished product, you can always eventually sell it on ebay or give it to the Wegman Fund to raffle off.

For the record, I don't think I could build the bike. I have no knowledge of metal fabrication or welding, so the learning curve would be pretty huge. I do think some of the bicycle geeks who are also into motorcycles over at Waterford where Roger works would have a shot.

I was right about last night's show. Little kids arguing. (Is it Rourke or Rook? Couldn't tell through the Aussie accent) The other builder walked off. What a tool.

Russell and crew did build a bike in a week, but it was anti-climatic. It' like me recovering a piece of upholstery. I've done it so many times I could do it with my eyes closed. Doesn't mean there's no time and skill involved, just that there's no real challenge.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote(Is it Rourke or Rook? Couldn't tell through the Aussie accent)

I have no problems understanding them. ;D ;D

Its those darn Milwaukee accents I have problems with. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteRussell and crew did build a bike in a week, but it was anti-climatic. It' like me recovering a piece of upholstery. I've done it so many times I could do it with my eyes closed. Doesn't mean there's no time and skill involved, just that there's no real challenge.

It would probably take me the entire time allowed to complete it because by nature I'm a perfectionist. Though I have never done this type of thing before I certainly feel I could, I definately have a background in wrenching on stuff and figuring things out.

The whole 'drama queen' thing going on is great for ratings and bringing back the viewers, look at the OCC show. Orange County Choppers was right across from the track at Bike Week and there was a constant line of people standing there to get autographs, pictures, and just a look. The 1 day I was going to the track I saw a line for their display that was about 200 ft. long and 2-3 people wide that was protruding out of what looked like an ant hill of people and activity, I've never seen so many posers in my life!  ;)  Those guys have got to be making a fortune on just the apparel and hoopla they sell, you should have seen the transporter they had.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

Dude, OCC has a COLOGNE, for crissake! 'Nuff said. :P
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

QuoteDude, OCC has a COLOGNE, for crissake! 'Nuff said. :P

So do racers, it's called VP ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yeah, and the cost is about the same, too. :'(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tzracer

My wife thinks I should sign up.

I have built prototype motorcycles (part of my job as production manager at Buell).

Machines I have used : TIG and MIG welders, manual lathe and mill, drill press, surface grinder, plasma torch, CNC lasers (what kind you have Mike? We have 2 Mitsubishi, newest about 6 months old - 4000W), all types of hand and air tools. I have designed wiring harnesses. Having built bikes I know how time consuming it can be. Keep the design simple.

I could probably do it, not sure if I could meet the time schedule because I have a job that has no vacation (well 2 days, not of my choice). One small problem, it would hard to get motivated since I hate custom cruisers, both the look and especially the ride.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

nfcracin

I think I could build the bike but not in there time.

The biggest problem the I would have would not being able to doit at the shop I work at and missing the machines I am use to and would need.

I think Mike or Brian would have the same problem.

Brian you need a Waterjet\Abrassie jet not a laser.
We got one in November.All I can say is they are amazing.

Lonny