News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Turnover and Newbees

Started by Lowe119, February 25, 2005, 06:42:22 AM

Super Dave

QuoteI've pushed for a rider representative(s) to work with CCS, but that doesn't seem to be an idea anyone is interested in.

Yeah, that is interesting.

Who would it be?  

One of the tricks would be experience.

The issues a racing organization takes on is quite a bit different than those of a rider, in general.  

Number of entries, track costs, insurance, etc.

Racers with real long term investments in the racing industry are almost far and few between.
Super Dave

Dawn

QuoteYou mind your language boy!  ;)

Thank you!     ;D

Super Dave

CCS SRD's allowed CCS to have more "licenses" in the form of SRD licenses...which at least serves to help CCS racers.  It does allow for a fair opportunity to get a track rider into CCS racing easily...
Super Dave

251am

QuoteYeah, that is interesting.

Who would it be?  

How about 1 F40, 1 Expert, and one Am for each region?  

Steviebee

Wasnt i reading something that new motorcycle salls for 2004 were at a million for the first time since the 70's.

I thought it said 60% were "Cruisers".   Wich the dealer makes more $$ for on each cruiser they sell vs the latest Gixer/ninja/blade "dem crotch rocket thingys".

AMA and SPEED are pretty much Killing our sport without help from the politicans and lawers.

But dont worry, its almost acceptable to ride into work on a Harley nowadays.  

spyderchick

QuoteWasnt i reading something that new motorcycle salls for 2004 were at a million for the first time since the 70's.

I thought it said 60% were "Cruisers".   Wich the dealer makes more $$ for on each cruiser they sell vs the latest Gixer/ninja/blade "dem crotch rocket thingys".

AMA and SPEED are pretty much Killing our sport without help from the politicans and lawers.

But dont worry, its almost acceptable to ride into work on a Harley nowadays.  

I live in Harley central (Milwaukee), and NOT all bikes in the Harley lots are Amreican made. :o
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

Yep, those are called "Metric Cruisers".

Still, motorcycle sales are approaching levels of the 70's while the population of the US has exceeded those levels of the 70's.  

So...

You've got to look at the statistics correctly.  

Still, they are up.  Better than being down.  At least a dealer can continue operating.
Super Dave