CCS Raised daytona fee 30 bucks a race!!!

Started by wizard, February 08, 2005, 11:53:41 AM

james-redsv

[quote author=Super_Dave

One of the cool attractions of AHRMA was having cool tracks on it's schedule.  

Yea and AHRMA goes to Carolina Motorsports park which CCS use to do but doesnt anymore. CCS took a poll a few years ago and asked SE riders which track they liked the least and CMP won. I dont think CCS asked in their poll if it should be dropped as well. Some SE riders might not like the track but they didnt wont it dropped. How about another poll if CMP should be added back to the schedule?? CCS also should see there are other organazations to race with. I might go AHRMA or WERA racing this year instead of CCS and bring my racer friends with me. AHRMA has cash payouts for all of the twins classes too!! ;D

WebCrush

QuoteHey, if anyone asks you, "Where do you race?"  What do you say?  

Second Creek Raceway?
Blackhawk?
Hallett?

You say Daytona to someone's mom, and they will still recognize the name.  Laguna may be cool, but it's not as well recognized as Daytona.

The only names that ARE recogized are NASCAR tracks.   Sure, I say Daytona, but Loudon gets as much recognition up here.  Anywhere else I don't bother with track names, I just name the state--Virginai, Ohio, Atlanta, etc

cstem

Dave has a good point.  If you say Loudon here in Phoenix to some Neckcar yokle, he will drool and just take another swig from his PBR.  If you mention you are going to Daytona, he'll offer to get the Bitchin' Camaro of the blocks and drive you there.  

As far as promotion and CCE- CCE could give a rat's ass about CCS.  CCM (Clear Channel Motorsports) whois really in charge has tried to lobby for more promo cash to no avail.  The bean counters just can't justify a $1000 radio spot to get 15 people to show up (at $25 eash that is only $375).  That is what radio costs in a major market for a slot not played during the Art Bell show at 2am.  

I think the ads must come (and many racers also realize this and are willing to help) from the racers at the grassroots level.  JUst don't give out the CCS website or they will be trying to attend last years schedule!! :o
The voice of the Southwest.

WebCrush

two years ago my g/f's father lent me his motorhome JUST so he could say he drove into the NHIS paddock :D

He took pictures and shows them to all his friends.

He damn near had a heart attack when I showed him pics of us at Daytona.

wizard

kevin and dave, thanks for your comments. even though it sucks (and it sucks for all involved) i do understand, that does not make me happy, but as kevin said it was better than cancling the event

Stinger562

QuoteI just name the state--Virginai, Ohio, Atlanta, etc
;DAnd do people ever look at you funny when you tell them that you are racing in the great state of Atlanta ;D
You can smack me in Daytona for that one, I told Wiz that I would lend you a hand if you need it,  I couldn't find you in VIR.

WebCrush

Quote;DAnd do people ever look at you funny when you tell them that you are racing in the great state of Atlanta ;D
You can smack me in Daytona for that one, I told Wiz that I would lend you a hand if you need it,  I couldn't find you in VIR.
???

251am

QuoteAdd in those two morons who are suing McD's for making them fat. ::)

A burgler who sued a homeowner after the home owners dog bit him?

Stupid cities who are trying to sue firearm manufacturures trying to blame them for teh firearm violence (why stop there, lets blame GM, Ford, DC, Honda, Toyota, Porsche, etc for drink driving deaths).

I dont know about teh rest of you, but I'm just sick of these dumbass lawsuits from people who wont take responsibility for themselves. >:(

Yeah, I'm sick of the frivolous lawsuits too. However, in the McD's case nobody was awarded money. We hear about the case being filed and the amount being asked for, that's it. McD's won both those suits by the coffee lady and the fat kids. People DO need to start taking responsibility. It sounds like CCS has no control over the insurance carrier for DIS. Who here knows about insurance policies for such events? What insurance company can we refer to DIS for such an event? I'm sure DIS would be interested in saving some money too.

I guess there is one other question here to ask; Why are the racers picking up the whole increase? Has anyone in CCS/CCE ever thought about selling the TV rights for these events to say Dorna, and defraying ALOT of the costs. (Yeah, that's a kind of hair-brained example, but ...) just one idea. The Europeans LOVE motorcycle racing and they might pay to watch goofy American amateurs run around our bigger tracks.

Here's an additional concern; What if this is a pilot to see how many racers show up? If enough people show up to pay the increase you know what will happen-the increases will be phased in everywhere. I don't race enough for this to have much affect on our budget. You guys running for Champioships in the 4000-6000 points arena should be putting your heads together on this one.        

TiffineyIngram

You are so wrong!  We are not increasing fees for all races, nor are we using this as a test.  You're crazy if you think we'd do this for sport.

P.S.--You don't sell rights for television, you PAY to have the event shown.  It would cost more to sell the rights than to run the race for a week.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteMcD's won both those suits by the coffee lady and the fat kids. People DO need to start taking responsibility.

Actually that coffee lady got $5Mil;D

Quote Here's an additional concern; What if this is a pilot to see how many racers show up? If enough people show up to pay the increase you know what will happen-the increases will be phased in everywhere. I don't race enough for this to have much affect on our budget. You guys running for Champioships in the 4000-6000 points arena should be putting your heads together on this one.        

Well for one thing, if this gets as pricey as running a SCCA race, I'd be thinking of just going back to cars. :D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

251am

QuoteYou are so wrong!  We are not increasing fees for all races, nor are we using this as a test.  You're crazy if you think we'd do this for sport.

P.S.--You don't sell rights for television, you PAY to have the event shown.  It would cost more to sell the rights than to run the race for a week.

Whoa, whoa. Time out. I did not say all fees were being increased, across the board. I said it was a POSSIBILITY. Being a business is to be in it for money, right? Not for sport. I did not flippantly say YOU were doing this for fun.
   However, I believe you do sell rights if you have a buyer. For example, XM satellite radio bought the airtime rights for major league baseball, for the next 10 years, for something in the $700 million area. XM beat Sirius to the punch and won the contract. What we need is a buyer. The buyer certainly is not here in the US as NASCAR reigns supreme. It is an idea to throw around, that's all. ( I understand we don't compare to MLB and it's marketability, just an example.)

Just a step in the direction of helping us all out; racers pay less of the increase, increase the cash flow to CCS, take the heat off Ft. Worth offices. My apologies Tiffiney as I'm not slinging mud your way. As the folks who are forking out major cash we need to discuss this. It is clear that DIS is the culprit and not CCS, as the title wrongly implies. What is DIS's stance on this matter? Are they willing to shop around for a better carrier? Who is their insurance carrier now? I'll dig into it myself if nobody else wants to.  

Hey Rob, are you gonna race this year? The 5 mil was the initial award. Award was appealed down to the $200-300k level. WAY too much for some coffee.        

Super Dave

AMA Superbike has to buy their time...

The lady might have got $200k, but you've got to pay your legal team...and increased premiums.

And someone has to pay for it.  Certainly not the victim.
Super Dave