News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Raised daytona fee 30 bucks a race!!!

Started by wizard, February 08, 2005, 11:53:41 AM

CCS

CCS's excess medical insurance policy renews every February 1st. We were notified that the Daytona insurance was going up $30,000 per event, on February 1st. WE recalled the Daytona Mailer from the printer to change the information, and then had it re-printed and sent it out on Saturday.

We notified you as soon as we knew, and have offered to give full refunds to those who wish to withdraw. (No Admin fee, no questions.) We have not charged anyone the new fees yet according to my reports from finance.

I do not like it any more than you do, but even the $30 per additional entry only comes close to the increase, it doesn't completely cover it.

I have no control over how many riders use our EXCESS medical coverage, but the former policy at Daytona was $0 deductible so every scrape and cut seen by a doctor outside the speedway affected the loss ratio.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Mongo

Quotewhen's it not allowed and big companies don't take advantage of the little people.

So me allowing people to be mean to you was a big company taking advantage of people?  After all that's what your gorunds for a suite against WERA was going to be.....

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Mongo

QuoteCCS's excess medical insurance policy renews every February 1st. We were notified that the Daytona insurance was going up $30,000 per event, on February 1st. WE recalled the Daytona Mailer from the printer to change the information, and then had it re-printed and sent it out on Saturday.

We notified you as soon as we knew, and have offered to give full refunds to those who wish to withdraw. (No Admin fee, no questions.) We have not charged anyone the new fees yet according to my reports from finance.

I do not like it any more than you do, but even the $30 per additional entry only comes close to the increase, it doesn't completely cover it.

I have no control over how many riders use our EXCESS medical coverage, but the former policy at Daytona was $0 deductible so every scrape and cut seen by a doctor outside the speedway affected the loss ratio.

Wow.  I assume the track requires all this.  That's about to kill me - since when do the tracks know more about tkaing care of our riders than we do?  Some of the stuff they require is amazing and totally ridiculous for the size businesses we are.

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

EDDIE98

QuoteAbout the time he legitimately makes an AMA grid ;)

Funny for your first post  ;D

WebCrush

QuoteSo me allowing people to be mean to you was a big company taking advantage of people?  After all that's what your gorunds for a suite against WERA was going to be.....

You don't let anything die, do you?  Jeez, give it a rest already.

Mongo

Nope, never gonna drop it - you have two things in this one that will keep it alive forever - stupidity and a lawsuit threat.  I don't like one and I get really pissed when someone tries to threaten the other.

So basically every time you threaten a stupid lawsuit I'll be all over you about it.

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

Super Dave

QuoteWow.  I assume the track requires all this.  That's about to kill me - since when do the tracks know more about tkaing care of our riders than we do?  Some of the stuff they require is amazing and totally ridiculous for the size businesses we are.

Well, uh, the Speedway, with a capital S, has a whole lot of investment value with events, the NASCAR empire, etc.  Uh, yeah, they DO get to dictate certain things.  

I think the insurance that I have to pay for putting on a motorcycle school is ridiculous.  

Where do we stop?  Why are the fees we pay for this that and another so high?  Why do jobs need to be our sourced?  Insurance costs...
Super Dave

Mongo

Don't know about your insurance but mine holds the track harlmless, our lawyers cover any lawsuit arising from OUR events at their track.  We've never had a track need to do anything with regard to a lawsuit in the past 31 years.  

With regard to our excess medical policies - how does that have anything to do with them?  Quite simply it doesn't.  We're not track days, we're not schools.  We're companies that have been doing races for a long enough time to know how to take care of our riders and the tracks dictating our insurance levels is ridiculous, period.  

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

Gixxerblade

Is that why WERA doesn't do Daytoner or is it that nobody wants to race there?  ;)

Super Dave

CCS and Daytona have had a very long relationship...since CCS's inception.  And Road Atlanta has played the gracious host for the WERA GNF.  And really both organizations try not to step on each other, although, Biketober Fest is really when the ROC is...sometimes that can play a bit of havoc for things.
Super Dave

racerhall

ya i got the call today about price change
everyone has to pay more
what are you gong to do sh$t happens
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

davegsxrold929r