News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How about modifying the CCS Midwest Schedule??

Started by tshort, October 29, 2004, 08:37:55 AM

G 97

QuoteProbably not.  But I'll bet the Irwins see it differently.  They bought it recently (like two years ago, maybe?), and they also happen to own BFR.  

Do you think maybe they use all those BFR events as a negotiating point, to get CCS to buy some time at Topeka?  Naaahhhh - never ;)

I'll take your bet.  It's not as cut and dry as you might think.   HP and BHF are owned by two distinct owners/ownerships.  Using BHF as leverage to secure dates at HP simply will not happen.
G

G 97

QuoteCCS and motorcycle events are good business for BFR.

That was a good reason to buy HPT.  It was another source of untapped revenue by the people that put on events at HPT before.

A race track is a business just like anything else.

MAM...they are idiots.

HPT...well, they are racers who own another succcessfull race track.  Seems logical to work with them.

The purchase price was probably in the millions of dollars.  He made changes the first winter that he owned the track.  Now more.  

Who else has done that?

WORD

http://www.hpt.com/news_press_rel_101304-2.htm
G

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

QuoteI'll take your bet.  It's not as cut and dry as you might think.   HP and BHF are owned by two distinct owners/ownerships.

And recognize what you linked...

Quotesaid Raymond Irwin, Heartland Park Topeka owner.

Ray and his brother own BFR.
Super Dave

G 97

QuoteAnd recognize what you linked...

Ray and his brother own BFR.

Content of link fully recognized and understood.

Yes, Ray and Nancy own a HPT and Ray and his brother own BHF.  Yes, there is a thread of common ownwership between the two facilities.   With this being said, the facilities are still owned in whole by two distinct seperate groups.  

Not inclined to go any further with this but not everyone associated with BHF is enthused about HPT.  
G

OmniGLH

QuoteWORD

http://www.hpt.com/news_press_rel_101304-2.htm

Dude THAT is awesome!  ;D

I had fun at that track when we were there earlier this year... and every one of us in my group commented that the track will seriously kick butt with some fresh pavement.  Even if I have to wait until 2006... GAME ON, I'll be there.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

CCS

Raymond Irwin has never used Blackhawk as leverage on us for dates at Heartland Park.

With that said, both Raymond Irwin and Clear Channel recognize the long standing relationship and the growth that CCS has brought to Blackhawk Farms over the last decade. This success can be duplicated at Heartland Park as long as both parties remain dedicated to the common goal, and remain realistic in their expectations. The improvments already made at HPT are proof the Raymond is serious about motorcycles running at that facility and CCS will contiune to support his efforts as much as possible.

CCS has one race date at Heartland Park for 2005, and plans to return to Heartland Park with the Formula USA series after the repaving is done.  
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

Sa-Weet!

And Kevin Clark will buy beers for you there at Baby Dolls.

I'll have the steak.
Super Dave