News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wisconsin's Quarter

Started by spyderchick, October 26, 2004, 09:46:57 AM

spyderchick

I would like to apologize on behalf of my state for one of the ugliest state quarters to be issued.  :-[ We have a wheel of cheese, an ear of corn and (of course) a cow. There were some very nice submissions, but apparently we are only known for cheese and corn. (You make your own jokes here). We must not even be good at beer making any longer, because I would have included that before the cow. Maybe the cow had friends in high places? ;)

Too bad we have no industry, commerce or culture, no history or accomplishments. :(

Now if you want the real story, ask me about my state and town, and you'll get a much broader, diversified view than what the state quarter folks saw fit to immortalize.

(Just the opinion of one proud Wisconsinite tired of the stereotyping of our image)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm thinking that beer, bratwurst, and Harley Davidson would have been better choices!

Or how about a track map of Road America?

A drunken Packers fan?

The Spyder Leatherworks logo?

Of course, I would have put a picture of Rhiannon on the front side....  She's way better looking than old George!

Oh well.  Wisconsin is STILL my favorite state.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

It definately wasn't the quarter I voted for....

I was hoping for the one showing the wildlife.

This one just sucks.   :(

Dawn  

Nate R

Agreed. Definitely NOT the best submission out there.  >:(
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

With Taxes as high as ours, just be glad the damned thing isn't wooden...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

H-man

Try not to have it disturb you too much Alexa (and other Badgers).  There are plenty of folk who're alum of UW sprinkled around the U.S.  

While I'm not so sure I'd want to re-locate to there, I still have fond memories of the place, and especially, the people.

H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

spyderchick

Quotejust be glad the damned thing isn't wooden...
Are you so sure?? ?? >:( ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

spyderchick

QuoteThe Spyder Leatherworks logo?
Oh well.  Wisconsin is STILL my favorite state.

That was was first choice.  ;) ;D
K3, you can be an honorary Wisconsinite! :D

(you will notice I wan't use the derogatory "cheesehead") ::)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

the_weggie_man

We need the "puke" smiley for that quarter.

There should be  just a big "$" on the back for the taxes we pay.

Or they should have put a cheese head on the cow and the corn cob stuffed up it's arse to represent the cornholing we get by the cheese state. ;D ;D

Thingy

You might want to hold on to those quarters.  I heard that quarter was getting recalled and could be very valuable.  Apparently, it wasn't working very well in vending machines, etc.

I also heard that the Univ. of Wisc. engineer that designed the quarter had done some trouble-shooting and determined the problem was that the tape holding the two dimes and nickel together was getting stuck in the machines.   ;D ;D ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

The corn was to pay homage to the Cornhusker state...

Thanks! ;D
Super Dave

G 97

Alexa, don't feel too bad.  The Iowa quarter is not much better.  Sure, Grant Wood is nice.  But then they don't even use the portrait that he is known world wide for.  They have to be PC and blabber about Iowa being an "educational" state.  

I would have preferred some fine swine design with the caption,  Iowa....Land of Pigs - 2.8 million people, 12 million hogs.  
One could even throw in some corn and beans too.  

PS.  What's Nebraska know about growing corn?  :P
G