News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wisconsin's Quarter

Started by spyderchick, October 26, 2004, 09:46:57 AM

Burt Munro

I had to check it out - hadn't seen it yet.

Sounds like a fairly common theme - our Government knows what's best for us.  I remember the controversy when the Missouri quarter came out.  They went so far as to 'enhance' the art work of the winning entry without the artists permission.  The original submission was an historically accurate portrayal of Lewis and Clark in their keel boat exploring the Missouri River.  By the time the Mint got done with the actual design for the quarter they had changed the number of people in the boat, the design of the boat and the Arch in the background.
Can't say that I remember there being very many happy folks around at that time either.

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Burt Munro

Link to the controversy that came out a couple of years ago about the Missouri quarter. http://dph1701.tripod.com/50quarters/MO_controversy.html.....

The original artists design is on the left below:

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super_KC124

I laugh everytime I go to Blackhawk. When you get off the highway in Beloit Wisconsin, your greeted with the sign "Cheese and Fireworks" That just cracks me up. ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteThat was was first choice.  ;) ;D
K3, you can be an honorary Wisconsinite! :D

(you will notice I wan't use the derogatory "cheesehead") ::)
I wouldn't mind honorary Cheesehead, because:
1:  Most of my really good friends are from Wisconsin.
2:  Many of my favorite places are in Wisconsin.
3:  My vehichles somehow can't pass the Mars Chees Castle without stopping!
Just don't make me like the Packers!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Quote"Cheese and Fireworks" That just cracks me up. ;D

Yes, please eat plenty of cheese, but don't you dare light up those fireworks, because it could be against a local law, you could be arrested for celebrating your freedom.  :-/ Glad you find us all so humorous.  ;) :D ;D

Maybe they should have put the exploding watermelon that they trot out every year @ 4th of July on the Wisconsin quarter...
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

spyderchick

QuoteJust don't make me like the Packers!

You don't have to like the Packers, you just have to dress in green and gold every time there's a game (3 Mondays this year), eat bratwurst and say "how 'bout that Brett Farve". Try to be convincing, you'll fit right in.  ;D The gallons of beer should make that fairly easy.  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

1fastmofo

Just a suggestion...

Move out of the Mid-West.  ;D

(Please no one take offense)

Dawn

QuoteJust a suggestion...

Move out of the Mid-West.  ;D

(Please no one take offense)

Hey!  Just because we don't like the quarter, doesn't mean that we would want to live anywhere else.

;)

spyderchick

QuoteHey!  Just because we don't like the quarter, doesn't mean that we would want to live anywhere else.

;)

Yeah! What she said!  ;) ;D Anyone one who disses my town will have a fight on their hands.  >:( :o ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteThe gallons of beer should make that fairly easy.  ;)
Ya, Hey!  Dat Farve der, he's really sumpthin!  I here dey just tapped a fresh keg at da supper club, eh?  Let's go!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

boo181

i didn't you guys even grew corn. i thought us iowans were the only people known for that ;D