News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Potential Traxxion Dynamics Bombshell

Started by motomadness, October 21, 2004, 01:24:26 PM

OmniGLH

Quotethe forks were confiscated by Suzuki officials, dis-assembled under their supervision by former Traxxion Dynamics employee Mike Fitzgerald (who now has his own competing suspension business, Thermosman Suspension) and found to contain non-stock parts.

LOL.  Mike has *never* struck me as a vengeful person... but I wonder if he secretly enjoyed this...  ;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Dawn

.... the "no longer working with WERA" didn't come as a surprise either.

;)

Sunny

I think we should leave that story alone instead of creating an opportunity for the anti-Max haters to pile on....................   ;)

What happened is amongst Max, AMA, Suzuki, WERA,............ and should be dealt by them only.  Besides, the story published still has a chance to be modifed farther as more facts becomes available.

ScubaSteve

Actually Kent at GMD did it in the post i read
Steve

CCS FL

r6_philly

its one of the longer threads in recent memory on the WERA board... quite entertaining to see it all unfold way before it was publicly known

motomadness

Sunny,

I think it's relavent to discuss because as racers we are all potential TD customers.  Would you like to know to what extent your tuner will go to?

Sunny

True, but we only know what "reportedly" happened (reportedly cheating; accused of giving a racer an edge over other in handling performance in this case), but not why Max did what he does even if "cheating" was proved (was there any details of what exactly was done and what the definition of cheating would be?), so it's easy for anti-Max haters to just pile on and bash him as a person, owner, business man, etc.........  In my view, what Max does is no business of ours unless it affect us directly (such as purposely F'ed up our suspension to try to get us hurted which I don't see it ever from happening except the very opposite).  Whether good or bad, he's the one who had to live with his decision/action.

I am already a TD customer.  

In my personal experience, Max had done things above and beyond to help me out as my RVF forks is probably the first and one of the very few he/his employee had and will ever work on.  I can tell you that for the same money everyone spent with Max, he went through several rebuilds (at no extra charge) to get my forks toward perfection (just relying on my feedback as we are too far apart, so he doesn't get to work on my bike physically to see it for himself although we finally hooked up at VIR during Cycle Jam weekend this year).  He does the same for the shock as the widely recommended shock spring and damping curve for my bike were way off what they should be as not many tuners had actual experience with the bike (like how most if not all do it wrong with the Honda Hawk 650GT early on).  Can anyone see Max helping me (basically an one off bike) just because it helps him some other ways (in a business sense) as many mentioned?  I sure can't see it as he had to went through the same trial and error (developement) to get things right for me (an one-off) as compared to  the masssive GSX600/R6/whatever out there.  Anyway, I am going to only treat Max as the Max I knew (and he had treated me great while the entire WERA mass hated me) instead of listening some anti-Max haters bashing him to no end and let their judgements of Max affect mine.  

I suggest all potential TD customers to only care about what Max can do for you, and not how others see/feel about him (what he does is no business of ours unless it's about our suspension).  Whether Max's work is good, I believe enough had been said by all current TD customers.  I only wish he's local, so I can have problems fixed faster as it too hard to do it long distance without him being about to feel the bike and just based on my feedback (distance isn't a problem if you own a commonly available bike such as GSR600/R6/etc.........).

Roger@Arroyo

Ok, I'm not the bashing type, but what you just said is not necessarily correct. What if you're one of the guys on the other bikes and your competition is getting an unfair advantage because he's working on their bike in an illegal manner? It does make a difference or there wouldn't be a rule against it. I don't know the guy and I've talked to a few people that like him both personally and professionally, just putting out the other view. Also, I haven't seen the bashing on this site the way the WERA boards get so I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

motomadness

Sunny,

First, count to 10 before you continue reading this note.

:)

Breathe

:o

Breathe

;D
It seems like you are saying that we shouldn't share information about issues like this.  This message doesn't bash the quality of his work, but more of his integrity.  I think your note refers to quality and the article refers to integrity.  Many racers would like their service providers to have both.

I also don't think you read the article with an open mind.  You figured you were a TD customer and no one was going to sway that opinion.  In the article, Max included an apology for his actions.  If that's not an admission of fact or the possibility that he subverted the rules, I don't know what else you are looking for him to say.

I guess the lesson here is that if you choose to work with TD, which I don't think is a poor decision by any means, just make sure you understand the work he plans on performing to your suspension so you know what you got, not what you thought you got.  Actually, that applies to all purchase decisions.

Jeff

I think the story says just as much about quality as it does integrity...

Suzuki officials later said that McAllister had attempted to modify the bike's stock shock, but had damaged it while trying to take it apart, and replaced it with a stock shock he borrowed off a Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School instructor's bike after telling school officials he needed it to replace a damaged customer's shock, without revealing that it was for a Suzuki World Cup rider.

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Mongrel

Sunny, you can't control what people think, nor can you control what is said in an open forum.  With that said if you don't like what is being discussed, let me make a suggestion.

DON't FU%^'en READ IT!!   Be your own censor.

BTW I have been and most likely will still be a TD customer, but I want to hear others opinions on the subject.