News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Potential Traxxion Dynamics Bombshell

Started by motomadness, October 21, 2004, 01:24:26 PM

Super Dave

Cheating goes on in racing.

I think we can actually say that it does.

However...

What happens after that...

I have seen those that have cheated (rider) get a pretty darn easy slap on the wrist.

Never have I seen the retaliation against the one doing the work of cheating.

So...

I am very interested in all this.

We'll  never hear the full story, but the fact that the retaliation has gone this way is very interesting.

Tripp Nobles is a just plain good guy.

Read it all.

He actually saw the forks come under the tent.

I'm not Tripp's friend or anything, but I've raced for a while.  So, I have feelings about Tripp:  he's an honest guy.  

He saw something happen.  Wasn't right.  The person who did that was way in the wrong....

And the rest happens as a result.
Super Dave

Mongo

Quote.... the "no longer working with WERA" didn't come as a surprise either.

;)

Not sure where you think you get your information from Dawn but you really don't have a clue about WERA, me, or anything we do.  You've shown that repeatedly and I for one would appreciate you being quiet when you don't know what you're talking about.  You obviously don't know a thing about our relationship with Max as the above comment proves.  

SuperDave - it was Cliff, not Tripp that saw Max and all of the facts are as I posted them on our site.  No more no less.  

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Dawn

Sorry Sean....

I havn't been on the WERA board for a while now but there have been a few threads where you two were butting heads pretty good.  Why go through that stress.....

My opinion

;)

Mongo

If you read those threads you'll notice the only problem I ever had with Max was watching him hurt himself and his business.  I finally put a stop to him doing so on our BBS, wish it had carried over.  Other than sadness I have no personal ill feelings towards Max and never will.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Dawn

Fair enough....

Thanks for clearing the air.

:)

cornercamping

bobo#145

QuoteI think we should leave that story alone instead of creating an opportunity for the anti-Max haters to pile on....................   ;)

What happened is amongst Max, AMA, Suzuki, WERA,............ and should be dealt by them only.  Besides, the story published still has a chance to be modifed farther as more facts becomes available.

Holy Crap
Sunny ..........you are making sense...WOW... :o

Super Dave

Quote\
SuperDave - it was Cliff, not Tripp that saw Max and all of the facts are as I posted them on our site.  No more no less.  

Whoops!

My mistake...

Can't confuse the "bigger" brother with the other...
 :o

Regardless, Cliff's worked in the racing side for a while.  If he saw it...Still goes to say...
Super Dave

OmniGLH

QuoteCheating goes on in racing.

I think we can actually say that it does.

Is there something you'd like to tell us, Dave?

;)   ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

Well, cheating would call for money...something I've never had.

I do know that pretty much anyone that was racing a CBR600F2 in the early '90's in the AMA had an HRC black box.

Was worth some power, so I was told.  At one race the AMA finally took the boxes of some of the top guys and replaced them with known OEM units.  Their lap times were a little closer to my time than what they usually were.  

Continued work like that never happened...Hey, the factories claim each other's suspension components...that fair?

I was involved in a tussel a few years ago a Blackhawk.  Someone had an illegal motor.  He got called on it in a protest.  He didn't want to tear it down.  Had the ability, financially, to get major work done and outspend a lot of others.  

He admitted he was illegal and he didn't have to tear it down.

Moments later, a protest was filed by his friend against the person that originally filed the protest.

That person had taken his mortgage money to file the protest, he was so sure of the offense.  

He was completely distraught at the thought of being protested.  He said he couldn't afford the tear down, putting it together, etc.  He was supposed to race at Gateway the next weekend.

A friend and I volunteered to do the tear down, for the officials....the Race Referrer refused the protest, in his right, as he said that the tear down was being done in retaliation, but the current race director over ruled him...His motor was found to be legal and in great need of a valve job.

I let him use my bike at the next event.

It happens.  Seems to be done by those that have the financial means to do it, not by those that don't have the means.

Regardless, it's wrong.  

Really, I don't claim to understand why, in this case, the recipients weren't booted.

Mogno?

I didn't read the other information on your BBS.  If you elect for the work, isn't it your fault for it?  Still, if the supplier of the work goes to extreme measures to go beyond what is reasonable to "skirt" the rules...I think that might be the justification here.

Riders shouldn't be morons.  "I didn't know that we couldn't do that..."  Blow me...that's BS.  Open the book.
Super Dave

G 97

Hey Dave you forgot to add that the offender was asked/told/warned multiple times that if he chose to run in a certain race that he would be protested.  The said offender entered and ran the race anyway.  I say koodos for "you know who" for stepping up and addressing the issue with a protest.  In contrast I lost what respect I had for the offending person and the manner in which he or his friends responded by throwing a protest back.  But in the end it was poetic justice being able to use awarded protest money for a much needed head/valve repair.  

I have heard that some other organizations have a few racers who pool their money together and basically protest someone at random at each event in order to discourage cheating.  In the end I think we would all be surprised, or maybe not, at what is out there.  
G

Nate R

Pooling money together for a protest..... Interesting, but what do you then protest?

I wish cheating weren't going on, but it is. But, I love to see people like Ed Key use the rules to their advantage and build SS legal bikes that are featherlight, and use the SB rules as much as they feasibly can. It keeps the technical side interesting.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(