News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona

Started by Eric Kelcher, September 27, 2001, 10:46:59 AM

Eric Kelcher

Okay who's going? Everyone right?  8)  ;D  Hope everyone has better time than mine last year.

Hopefully this year goes better than last. Thought I brought right gears for one bike but oops forgot the counter. 30+ mph down did one lap parked it that one ain't going to make it.
Got on other bike made it to pit out bike starting puking gas out of the air box WOW don't catch on fire don't catch on fire make to CW stand and wait for bike to cool.  Get back to pits and #2 had filled with gas. Pull plug and thumb starter to clear gas holding rag over sparkplug hole. Opps forgot to pull coils and bike fires adn promptly erupts in ball of flame.

2000+ miles and 2500 dollars to do one lap my first Daytona bit. Oh well this year I hope it goes better rebuilt motor last night have a stack of sprockets going 34-44 14-16 better have the right gearing this year and well the other bike hmm had to sell that one.  ::)  :P
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Admin

Hey Eric,  Welcome to the board!

I plan on going, although I won't be racing, this year!  I still have much to learn, and lots of practice needed!

Shawn

JamesC459

Just remember about Daytona.Pit bikes must be registered vehicles,human powered types are not allowed.no bikes,scooters or any of that

Christian

I'll be there,  #157  on an Aprilia Mille.   No camping at track I presume. And whats with the out by 60 minutes after the last race - is that each day or on the last day?  How about in the parking lot outside?   Anyone know which is the closest non-harley campground to the track?  other than Bulow (too far) Christian

JamesC459

Christian,There is no such thing as a NON HARLEY campground in Daytona,even in October.The  "evacuation curfew" stands daily,and there is no camping outside the speedway either.You can find the camping listing at the Daytona Beach Chamber of Commerce website but I don't know the link

CCS290

Someone please recommend what motels to stay at in Daytona.
Also need gearing for a 98 600 GSXR.

Eric Kelcher

Are you sure about the licensed vehicle for pit bikes? I know last year it was no scooter motorized or non and no electic.  We used our YSR race bikes as a pit bikes last year no problem from anyone. I guess I'll check with Kevin as I am supposed to haul his pit bike; how does a 900 qualify for a pit bike?  ::)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

sportbikepete

I think every track has that rule but does not enforce it unless you get out of control. Perfect example is VIR, they have signs saying no 4 wheelers, bicycles, etc yet everyone including the VIR staff had them. Mid-Ohio is the same way also.

Johnny B

QuoteJust remember about Daytona.Pit bikes must be registered vehicles,human powered types are not allowed.no bikes,scooters or any of that

No. It's no bicycles, and pit bikes should have competitors # on plate in front. Registered bikes not allowed without garage pass.
A couple of years ago a friend of ours walked in and told us they wouldn't allow his GSXR-1100 in. We gave him a # plate and zip ties, told him to strap it on the front and to remove the license plate. They let him through when he told them it was his "pit bike". Go figure.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

Papa_Thiam

QuoteI'll be there,  #157  on an Aprilia Mille.   No camping at track I presume. And whats with the out by 60 minutes after the last race - is that each day or on the last day?  How about in the parking lot outside?   Anyone know which is the closest non-harley campground to the track?  other than Bulow (too far) Christian

So you're doing Daytona, huh? Cool. See you at Summit next week.

Christian Smith

Hey Papa,   I am going down to Daytona and then to Road Atlanta from there.  Probably going to buy a used RV this week (getting tired of sleeping in the trailer)  I have got a  little surprise for you at Summit. The Mille (maybe me) will be faster than it was.  Better bring your MOJO!!!   LOL
Christian

RickyRacer

I may have a change in plans. (Hopefully)  If my bike is ready, I'll race in the Lightweight Superbike race on Saturday.

How many miles is the road course?
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI