News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona

Started by Eric Kelcher, September 27, 2001, 10:46:59 AM

JamesC459

The road course at Big D is 3.56 miles.Just make sure that your engine is up to the task of running wide open for 20-30 seconds twice per lap every lap.I took a penguin school in 97 and rented one of their EX500s.What a yawner around the banking.They told us not to rev past 9500rpm or they would puke a head gasket.So that's 9500rpm,6th gear,like what,115mph?The track is really cool though.The first time you go through T6 up the hill it is pretty freaky! Have fun Don't get sucked in by the draft on the first lap of the race.You get dragged down to the chicane a lot faster than running by yourself.

8)

QuoteThe road course at Big D is 3.56 miles.Just make sure that your engine is up to the task of running wide open for 20-30 seconds twice per lap every lap.I took a penguin school in 97 and rented one of their EX500s.What a yawner around the banking.They told us not to rev past 9500rpm or they would puke a head gasket.So that's 9500rpm,6th gear,like what,115mph?The track is really cool though.The first time you go through T6 up the hill it is pretty freaky! Have fun Don't get sucked in by the draft on the first lap of the race.You get dragged down to the chicane a lot faster than running by yourself.

Did you even have to brake for the chicane???

Daytona will break engines...no doubt.  It got both of mine in the spring.  Waaaaaaaa

I'm coming back with 2 fresh ones....wooohooo.

JamesC459

Yes,you do have to brake some on an EX.Down to 5Th gear and scrub some speed.Jeff Wood told me that day that it can be done in sixth gear on an EX,but he was still braking some.

motobenco

Funny how much has changed and how little.
Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

CCS

'cept now you can camp at the speedway if you're willing to pay the ten-day price.....LOL
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127