News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WHEELIES

Started by Speedballer347, October 12, 2002, 02:39:32 PM

ecumike

What's with  this clutch action?.... all ya gotta do is twist the throttle... it's not tough.
Unless you're talking about all those 'fancy' wheelies.

DanO966

QuoteWheelies rule.  I'm down  :D

If DanO's R6 makes enough hp to do a crossed-up wheelie while spinning the tire... I'm protesting   ;)   :D

Protest.....go ahead.....all they'll find is a dirty air filter....lol ;) ;)
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Speedballer347

QuoteHell NO!

You'll crack your frame!

Plus, stunters have no real skillz, just a bunch of ex-skateboard wannabes giving a black eye to the sport real roadracers love.

Oh, Rossi this and Rossi that, word is he hates stunts but has to do them on the warmdown due to a cluase in his contract with Honda.  That way Honda can sell more frames.

;)  :P
LOL! ;)
Before any more wheelyers reply this post....sdiver's my buddy and is just clowing around w/ me :)
sdiver, the Honda/Rossi thing was a NICE touch :D

Let me know when your heading up to Druckers, give me a little lead-time so I can get my engine out.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

QuoteWhat's the point anyway? SO you can say to yourself "Everyone's looking at me! I am soooo special!"
Leave the stunts off the track.

And no, I don't know how to do a wheelie and don't care to learn
Well, since wheelies on the street equal tickets, why not let us do them on the track. I am not talking about doing them during a race, during the cooldown, or anythingthat would interfere w/ the weekends racing.  Talking about everyone chipping in at the end of the weekend, so we can each go out on the straigh (one at a time) and knock out a couple wheelies.
What's the problem w/ that?
CCS gets $, and the guys get an opertunity to knock out a couple w/out fear of cars, pedestrians, or the popo :D
Anyway, count me in if this is a possibilty.
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

sdiver68

QuoteLOL! ;)
sdiver, the Honda/Rossi thing was a NICE touch :D

LOL, between the WERA board and the GSXR board stuff through the season, I was rather proud of the Rossi thing.... ;)

I'm working on getting a tow vehicle and trailer first, so it'll be at least a few weeks before anything goes anywhere.

MCRA Race School Instructor

chris_chops

QuoteGAME F'N ON
HELLS YEAH.

I'm in !!! ;D ;D

You had better work on your corner exit before you do anymore wheelies, bro.  Is that a picture of you coming out from under the Billy Mitchell bridge all straight up and down?  My elbow is dragging there!  Just ask DeSouix!

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI am not talking about doing them during a race, during the cooldown, or anythingthat would interfere w/ the weekends racing.  Talking about everyone chipping in at the end of the weekend, so we can each go out on the straigh (one at a time) and knock out a couple wheelies.
What's the problem w/ that?
CCS gets $, and the guys get an opertunity to knock out a couple w/out fear of cars, pedestrians, or the popo :D
Anyway, count me in if this is a possibilty.

That would be a decent idea. I thought you were talking about on the cooldown lap originally.

About 2 yrs ago teh D-aces did a lunch time show at Blackhawk. Most everyone showed up to watch. 5 minutes into the show,  most went back to their pits. ::)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Speedballer347

QuoteMost everyone showed up to watch. 5 minutes into the show,  most went back to their pits. ::)
Who wants to WATCH wheelies?.....we want to do 'em ;)

OmniGLH

Speaking of wheelies..... I got this in my email a few minutes ago from the California Superbike School...

------------------------------------------------

Doing wheelies ranks high on the list of the most frivolous and decadent things in the history of Mankind!

Want to learn how?

ON ONE WHEEL will host its historic first wheelie school at Irwindale Raceway on the 18th of November 2002.

Location: Irwindale Raceway, Irwindale, CA (20 minutes from downtown LA)

Cost: $495

Bike: Kawasaki ZRX 1200

Session: All Day

Students: 8 total

Practice: Dozens of runs

Date: 18 November 2002

Guarantee: You will wheelie

No one knows why Keith developed the WHEELIE TRAINING BIKE but like the rest of his motorcycle training devices, it works great. The bike has two ANTI FLIP-OVER mechanisms: one kills the power and the other applies the rear brake. Your eyes will pop out of your head when it goes up--but flipping it won't be easy.

Call or email now to reserve your spot--remember only 8 students total for the school.

email back or Call (323) 224-2734 Ask for Whitney

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

KBOlsen

The heck with Code... sign me up for the Ptak Stone Cold Stunna' School! ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

OmniGLH

Hahaha  LOL   :)

This week only, the Ptak Stone Cold Stunna' School is offering a half-price sale - we'll only charge you half of what Keith Code does!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

DanO966

QuoteYou had better work on your corner exit before you do anymore wheelies, bro.  Is that a picture of you coming out from under the Billy Mitchell bridge all straight up and down?  My elbow is dragging there!  Just ask DeSouix!
Uhhhhhhhhh
that's my cool down lap at a track day, I was just thinking about the wheelie I'm gonna do after 14??  uhhhh yeah... :-/ :-/

LMAO!!! ;) ;)
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6