News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WHEELIES

Started by Speedballer347, October 12, 2002, 02:39:32 PM

Speedballer347

Since they are really starting to crack down hard on wheelies on the cool-down lap...how about some wheelie caction at the end of each sundays event?

Everybody who wanted to wheelie could buck up a few dollars to keep CSS happy, and the racers who want, could bust out wheelies for a few minutes....any one else?
I know by the end of the weekend, I am dying to do a couple standups

Just a thought
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Decreasing_Dave

nfcracin

Speedballer347,
 you looking to crack another frame ??? :o :o :o

DanO966

GAME F'N ON
HELLS YEAH.

I'm in !!! ;D ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

TZDeSioux

I'm in too! but someone gotta teach me how to do wheelies.

Speedballer347

That's what I'm talking about :D
I think it would be a blast!!!!!

A lot of us racers can wheelie too, why not give us a place to legally do it for a few minutes?  CCS?
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

RailingZX6

This would be cool.  I'd love to see all of you muff wheelies.  Very Few (and I mean just a few) of you racers can wheelie.  LMFAO!!  I'll be a sight.  I've seen the cool down lap ....and I hear a lot of clutch and see a lot of wiffed wheelies.  Maybe if you changed it to worst wheelie contest???haha J/K!  I think it'll be a good idea.  Next year I'm gonna start racing so if I can make it through a race to the wheelie contest I'll try?? lol
I hope CCS adds this it'll be a blast!!

Speedballer347

QuoteI'd love to see all of you muff wheelies.  Very Few (and I mean just a few) of you racers can wheelie.  LMFAO!!  I'll be a sight.  I've seen the cool down lap ....and I hear a lot of clutch and see a lot of wiffed wheelies.  Maybe if you changed it to worst wheelie contest???
Most can't, but some of us racers can ;D
This is how me and my boyz roll ;)

harb990

Speed

I can tell you who that is by the leathers, we'll leave the names out, but nice pic - what else do you have from that day???

Harb

Speedballer347

QuoteI can tell you who that is by the leathers, we'll leave the names out,
You can say his name...I don't think any racer is gonna mess w/ a 230lb bodybuilder about pulling wheelies on the street.  Especially one that is in the front pack on the track.

Yeah man, I got all kinds of cool footage...Keep practicing your wheelies, and maybe I'll get some footage of you ;)

We need to get CCS to let do some wheelie, so we can bust out a couple moves at the end of the day  ;D

Dawn

QuoteYou can say his name...I don't think any racer is gonna mess w/ a 230lb bodybuilder about pulling wheelies on the street.  Especially one that is in the front pack on the track.

I'd tell him....  but I doubt if it would do any good.  

Dawn   ;)

Gixxer124

QuoteMost can't, but some of us racers can ;D
This is how me and my boyz roll ;)

What, no fur pants? I'm really dissapointed Eric. ;D

Woofentino Pugrossi

How about this idea? Wanna do wheelies on the cooldown lap? OK fine. IF ya crash it doing it, the cornerworkers can claim your bike and raffle it off for new corner equipment and you have to pick yourself up off the track injured or not.

:D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

sportbikepete

sdiver68

Hell NO!

You'll crack your frame!

Plus, stunters have no real skillz, just a bunch of ex-skateboard wannabes giving a black eye to the sport real roadracers love.

Oh, Rossi this and Rossi that, word is he hates stunts but has to do them on the warmdown due to a cluase in his contract with Honda.  That way Honda can sell more frames.

;)  :P
MCRA Race School Instructor

Dawn

QuoteHow about this idea? Wanna do wheelies on the cooldown lap? OK fine. IF ya crash it doing it, the cornerworkers can claim your bike and raffle it off for new corner equipment and you have to pick yourself up off the track injured or not.

:D

LOL!!!!   ;D

CBRman93

What's the point anyway? SO you can say to yourself "Everyone's looking at me! I am soooo special!"
Leave the stunts off the track.

And no, I don't know how to do a wheelie and don't care to learn.

Just my $.02

DanO966

QuoteHell NO!

Plus, stunters have no real skillz,

So you're saying after I win a race (in theory..lol) and I bust a high chair (candy-bar wheelie) or a stand up waving to the crowd or even a christ over the finish line...lmao I don't have any skills???hmmm ;)  
Railing ZX6 and speedballer are right...not many racers can wheelie(and most don't care too uhh yeah) But I think it'll be entertaining for the fans.   Plus I don't want it to be a *train wreck* like a XSBA event just a little fun for some of the racers who care to have some fun and the fans LOVE wheelies!!!!I'm all about it!!
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

TZDeSioux

I'm a fan of motorcycle racing and I love it when racers come out of a turn smoking up the rear wheel with a sideways crossed up wheelie. That beats a stand up wheelie any day!  ;)

DanO966

QuoteI'm a fan of motorcycle racing and I love it when racers come out of a turn smoking up the rear wheel with a sideways crossed up wheelie. That beats a stand up wheelie any day!  ;)
LOL....
So what if I smoke up the rear tire leaving the last turn onto the front straight (crossed  ;)) into a stand- up waving at YOU....

LMFAO!!!!! :P :P ;D ;D :P :P
I can already see where this thread is going.....lol
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

TZDeSioux

QuoteLOL....
So what if I smoke up the rear tire leaving the last turn onto the front straight (crossed  ;)) into a stand- up waving at YOU....

LMFAO!!!!! :P :P ;D ;D :P :P
I can already see where this thread is going.....lol

But you have to be sliding side ways when the front wheel comes up.  ;D But if you do that coming to the front straight... you can bet that I'll get a kick out of it! I love all motorcycle stunts and stuff.  ;)

Jeff

I got fined for my last wheelie...  (still accepting donations paypal=jeff@cbr600f4.com subj=wheelie fine fund  ;D)

I guess I won't be doing anymore...

The fine worked for me.  Like I say at the riders meetings...  Fine 'em and if that don't work, kick 'em in the nuts  :o
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

Wheelies rule.  I'm down  :D

If DanO's R6 makes enough hp to do a crossed-up wheelie while spinning the tire... I'm protesting   ;)   :D

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteWhat's the point anyway? SO you can say to yourself "Everyone's looking at me! I am soooo special!"

Actually, they'll already be looking at me, thinking I'm special, so a wheelie will just be an added bonus  ;)  Plus the crowd digs it  :D

QuoteLeave the stunts off the track.

Funny.  The last time I got pulled over, the cop told me to take it TO the track....

QuoteAnd no, I don't know how to do a wheelie and don't care to learn.

Just my $.02

A wheelie is just another form of practicing balance and throttle control... plus they're fun.  You should try one sometime.  I used to be anti-wheelie - then I did one.  Hooked ever since  :)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

ecumike

What's with  this clutch action?.... all ya gotta do is twist the throttle... it's not tough.
Unless you're talking about all those 'fancy' wheelies.

DanO966

QuoteWheelies rule.  I'm down  :D

If DanO's R6 makes enough hp to do a crossed-up wheelie while spinning the tire... I'm protesting   ;)   :D

Protest.....go ahead.....all they'll find is a dirty air filter....lol ;) ;)
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Speedballer347

QuoteHell NO!

You'll crack your frame!

Plus, stunters have no real skillz, just a bunch of ex-skateboard wannabes giving a black eye to the sport real roadracers love.

Oh, Rossi this and Rossi that, word is he hates stunts but has to do them on the warmdown due to a cluase in his contract with Honda.  That way Honda can sell more frames.

LOL! ;)
Before any more wheelyers reply this post....sdiver's my buddy and is just clowing around w/ me :)
sdiver, the Honda/Rossi thing was a NICE touch :D

Let me know when your heading up to Druckers, give me a little lead-time so I can get my engine out.

Speedballer347

QuoteWhat's the point anyway? SO you can say to yourself "Everyone's looking at me! I am soooo special!"
Leave the stunts off the track.

And no, I don't know how to do a wheelie and don't care to learn
Well, since wheelies on the street equal tickets, why not let us do them on the track. I am not talking about doing them during a race, during the cooldown, or anythingthat would interfere w/ the weekends racing.  Talking about everyone chipping in at the end of the weekend, so we can each go out on the straigh (one at a time) and knock out a couple wheelies.
What's the problem w/ that?
CCS gets $, and the guys get an opertunity to knock out a couple w/out fear of cars, pedestrians, or the popo :D
Anyway, count me in if this is a possibilty.

sdiver68

QuoteLOL! ;)
sdiver, the Honda/Rossi thing was a NICE touch :D

LOL, between the WERA board and the GSXR board stuff through the season, I was rather proud of the Rossi thing.... ;)

I'm working on getting a tow vehicle and trailer first, so it'll be at least a few weeks before anything goes anywhere.

MCRA Race School Instructor

chris_chops

QuoteGAME F'N ON
HELLS YEAH.

I'm in !!! ;D ;D

You had better work on your corner exit before you do anymore wheelies, bro.  Is that a picture of you coming out from under the Billy Mitchell bridge all straight up and down?  My elbow is dragging there!  Just ask DeSouix!

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI am not talking about doing them during a race, during the cooldown, or anythingthat would interfere w/ the weekends racing.  Talking about everyone chipping in at the end of the weekend, so we can each go out on the straigh (one at a time) and knock out a couple wheelies.
What's the problem w/ that?
CCS gets $, and the guys get an opertunity to knock out a couple w/out fear of cars, pedestrians, or the popo :D
Anyway, count me in if this is a possibilty.

That would be a decent idea. I thought you were talking about on the cooldown lap originally.

About 2 yrs ago teh D-aces did a lunch time show at Blackhawk. Most everyone showed up to watch. 5 minutes into the show,  most went back to their pits. ::)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Speedballer347

QuoteMost everyone showed up to watch. 5 minutes into the show,  most went back to their pits. ::)
Who wants to WATCH wheelies?.....we want to do 'em ;)

OmniGLH

Speaking of wheelies..... I got this in my email a few minutes ago from the California Superbike School...

------------------------------------------------

Doing wheelies ranks high on the list of the most frivolous and decadent things in the history of Mankind!

Want to learn how?

ON ONE WHEEL will host its historic first wheelie school at Irwindale Raceway on the 18th of November 2002.

Location: Irwindale Raceway, Irwindale, CA (20 minutes from downtown LA)

Cost: $495

Bike: Kawasaki ZRX 1200

Session: All Day

Students: 8 total

Practice: Dozens of runs

Date: 18 November 2002

Guarantee: You will wheelie

No one knows why Keith developed the WHEELIE TRAINING BIKE but like the rest of his motorcycle training devices, it works great. The bike has two ANTI FLIP-OVER mechanisms: one kills the power and the other applies the rear brake. Your eyes will pop out of your head when it goes up--but flipping it won't be easy.

Call or email now to reserve your spot--remember only 8 students total for the school.

email back or Call (323) 224-2734 Ask for Whitney

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

KBOlsen

The heck with Code... sign me up for the Ptak Stone Cold Stunna' School! ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

OmniGLH

Hahaha  LOL   :)

This week only, the Ptak Stone Cold Stunna' School is offering a half-price sale - we'll only charge you half of what Keith Code does!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

DanO966

QuoteYou had better work on your corner exit before you do anymore wheelies, bro.  Is that a picture of you coming out from under the Billy Mitchell bridge all straight up and down?  My elbow is dragging there!  Just ask DeSouix!
Uhhhhhhhhh
that's my cool down lap at a track day, I was just thinking about the wheelie I'm gonna do after 14??  uhhhh yeah... :-/ :-/

LMAO!!! ;) ;)
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

chris_chops

QuoteUhhhhhhhhh
that's my cool down lap at a track day, I was just thinking about the wheelie I'm gonna do after 14??  uhhhh yeah... :-/ :-/

LMAO!!! ;) ;)
I figured that was the case.  I'm just messin anyway.  Desioux and I have seen you rollin at blackhawk,at the front, of course.  We thought your throttle was stuck open!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowe119

I've lost the little wheelie skills I had since I've been racing (for the last year)  :)

I would love to get those back. I also agree that it helps (at least me) with balance, throttle control, and a few other coordinations involved in handling the bike. Others may not need it, but it helps me to stretch the capabilities of the bike under a controlled situation. (that's also why I started racing)

I would look like a fool for a few weekends, but would love to get it back and learn more without the dangers of the public roads.

ysr612

Quoteauthor=Speedballer347
Who wants to WATCH wheelies?.....we want to do 'em ;)
boring to watch.  fun to do I cann't do any balance point stuff but even dumb ones are fun.  Crossed up smoking Ty Howard style are cool even to watch. ;D