News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Some form of publicity

Started by Protein Filled, August 06, 2004, 04:59:33 AM

Protein Filled

Did you guys check out the front page of MSN today? If not, here is a screen shot:

I guess "any" publicity is good publicity?!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

StumpysWife

I just looked at it.  #12 is fixating!

SliderPhoto

Don't you love the photos though? !  My favorite thing about MSN.com. Awesome, awesome stuff!

G 97

QuoteI just looked at it.  #12 is fixating!

look through the turn Warwik, look through the turn! lol
G

G 97

QuoteDon't you love the photos though? !  My favorite thing about MSN.com. Awesome, awesome stuff!

Hey Jack when you look at photos can it help you with regard to what you do.  Can you pick up anything of reference, etc?  Some of the pictures seam to have an "artsy" perspective while others are "action" shots or moments-in-time.  

It's weird but sometimes it seems as though a still-shot has more "life" to it than compared with video.  Know what I mean.  Why is that?  

G

SliderPhoto

QuoteHey Jack when you look at photos can it help you with regard to what you do.  Can you pick up anything of reference, etc?  Some of the pictures seam to have an "artsy" perspective while others are "action" shots or moments-in-time.  

It's weird but sometimes it seems as though a still-shot has more "life" to it than compared with video.  Know what I mean.  Why is that?  
Absolutely! It works both ways. I had a photo guy come in my trailer the other week that had been shooting a certain track for over 20 years. Yet he saw one of my shots and said wow, he never saw that angle before. I don't say that to be pompous or anything, just that sometimes this stuff is soooo cool. So much fun, so much you can get from a single photo. And so many new things you can find even though you've done it so many times before.

A video comes and goes. Don't get me wrong, it's super cool but I guess a photo can tell a story, is worth 1000 words and all those cliches. I think it's that we have an opportunity to analyze it for so long, unlike video, which comes and goes.

I appreciate cool photos; they move me. The one with the dog at the track. Wow, that's awesome. Makes me want to go out and try to do something similar. I definitely get ideas from other peoples' photos. It's a learning experience, I'm always trying to figure out something new and cool.

The thing is, a lot of cool things are done after the shot. Sure, the shot is key, and 10 people can sit in a corner and all get a different shot, but there are so many cool things you can do with a photo afterwards. I don't get much of a chance to do that. Mostly, it's, here's my knee down, make me a 5x7. The artsy stuff is more for me. I've been thinking about offering some of that stuff and might in the near future.

The calendar on the other hand has me very excited right now. Last year, it was stock photos. This year, I'm so excited with the edge-to-edge capability -- no borders! I had an idea the other day for the 2004 portion of the calendar. I just couldn't do this before but here's my idea:
http://www.sliderphoto.com/calendar/images/2005/2004-portion.jpg

I want to provide a place where people can advertise, so my idea was to do the MV zoomed in and allow people to place their advertisements on the side of the bike, like race sponsors.  (I cleared the idea with the rider.) I love it! Just the idea of turning the bike, zooming in on it...

Anyways... Yes. Photos can be super cool. I love looking at other peoples' work. I admire their work and it sometimes gives me ideas of something I can do. It's definitely fun. Now if I can just find a way to pay the credit card bills.  ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

That's cool!  You want to do artsy?  I've always wanted a 3/4 front shot, camera on the deck and tilted up at my racebike on it's stand, with the sunrise all purple and red behind it.  Sort of a "calm before the storm" shot...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

SliderPhoto

QuoteThat's cool!  You want to do artsy?  I've always wanted a 3/4 front shot, camera on the deck and tilted up at my racebike on it's stand, with the sunrise all purple and red behind it.  Sort of a "calm before the storm" shot...

Yeah, on the deck, they call that high-hat. I love that. Took some shots like that a long, long time ago of my XX. At the top of a hill, dusk lighting was soft and a red glow. Cool stuff.

spyderchick

QuoteYeah, on the deck, they call that high-hat. I love that. Took some shots like that a long, long time ago of my XX. At the top of a hill, dusk lighting was soft and a red glow. Cool stuff.
I can actually hear K3 drooling for that shot.  ;D

Jack, If you take it for him, you gotta post it on your site as a feature.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Protein Filled

Wow Jack, I like that look for the calendar. You actually made Ytak look fast! ;D ;D

Back to the MSN pictures, which picture did you guys vote for at the end?  ;)

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

StumpysWife

I know you voted for the rainbow balloon, Edgar.

:-*

Heather

Protein Filled

Geez Heather, you know me so well!!  ;D