News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS FL

Started by cardzilla, July 30, 2004, 01:45:06 AM

cardzilla

Ok, I've called CCS for two days now and no response, so I'll ask you fellow message borders what is really probably an easy question.  I am new, but I do remember florida events being run seperately from other ccs events and it seems to still be the same.  My question is where do I send the pre registration to?  CCS or Henry in Florida (who I don't have an address for anyway).  It already looks like my race credit vouchers aren't going to work, but they should have information on this somewhere on the website, however I couldn't find it.  Thanks for your help.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

EX#996

I don't believe your race credit vouchers will work on pre-registration, but bring them to the track and they will.

In regards to pre-registering for the FL region, I don't know since I'm in the MW.  I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

ecumike

Send it to Henry in FL.

quicktoy

throw henrys addy up
My return as an Amateur

CCSRacer114

Call Henry DeGouw at 561-793-3394.  Entry fees are a bit different in Florida so check with him first.

And welcome to the Florida Fun!

MELK-MAN

QuoteCall Henry DeGouw at 561-793-3394.  Entry fees are a bit different in Florida so check with him first.

And welcome to the Florida Fun!

different = CHEAPER...only $50 per race
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

cardzilla

Mission accomplished !  Thanks for the help guys. Just talked to henry and he brought me up to speed.  On a side note (off-thread) just wanted to thank Melka for the video from Jennings.  It is good to have some sort of idea having never been there.  Look forward to racing with you.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

CCSRacer114

Quote...On a side note (off-thread) just wanted to thank Melka for the video from Jennings.  It is good to have some sort of idea having never been there.  Look forward to racing with you.

Oh, Gee, thank Greg for a slow video and Not Me for giving you Henry's Number!

J/K.

See you at the track (I gotta give Greg grief while I can... soon he'll be in Formula 40 and regularly kicking my butt   ;D ).

MELK-MAN

QuoteOh, Gee, thank Greg for a slow video and Not Me for giving you Henry's Number!

J/K.

See you at the track (I gotta give Greg grief while I can... soon he'll be in Formula 40 and regularly kicking my butt   ;D ).

Looking forward to seeing you at Jennings Cardzilla.. you will be impressed with the layout and the amazing grip the track has. That is a video from about a year ago. The lap time is really about 1:24 on my 2000f4 even though my buddy that did the video put "1:21-22" (i told him that was a race pace), ill try and get a onboard and get some current footage of a high 1:19 on the 03r6:)

Rob.. 4 more years till Formula 40. Better practice up ;D
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

cardzilla

Yes, definitely thanks for Henry's #.  He actually remembered me from the stone ages when I first raced so that was cool.  I know I have heard that Henry really has cleaned up the Florida region as far as the unskilled kamikazes that existed in the early 90's, but I'd love to get some regular's opinions.  I was involved in a 6 bike pile up at moroso in '93 that involved me endo-ing my bike at over 100 mph trying to avoid a guy braking about a 1/4 mile too soon, me getting run over and 3 other guys getting airlifted.  I never went back to Moroso after that so I would love to hear that things are different now... what's the word?
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

james-redsv

QuoteYes, definitely thanks for Henry's #.  He actually remembered me from the stone ages when I first raced so that was cool.  I know I have heard that Henry really has cleaned up the Florida region as far as the unskilled kamikazes that existed in the early 90's, but I'd love to get some regular's opinions.  I was involved in a 6 bike pile up at moroso in '93 that involved me endo-ing my bike at over 100 mph trying to avoid a guy braking about a 1/4 mile too soon, me getting run over and 3 other guys getting airlifted.  I never went back to Moroso after that so I would love to hear that things are different now... what's the word?
The word is racing is still dangerous, things that happened to you in the past still happen today, thats the nature of racing. Just last year at Jennings something very simular happened on the front straight.

ScubaSteve

Henry has changed alot of things and Moroso has changed the course a lil adding chicanes to slow us down. There are still idiots out there as always you cant get rid of all of them!! ;D Last year at Jennings some moron was trying to cut a cross the track during a race causing a pileup. Henry has suspended him for 2 years i beleive and fined him.
Steve

CCS FL