News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS FL

Started by cardzilla, July 30, 2004, 01:45:06 AM

MELK-MAN

Quote Henry has changed alot of things and Moroso has changed the course a lil adding chicanes to slow us down. There are still idiots out there as always you cant get rid of all of them!! ;D Last year at Jennings some moron was trying to cut a cross the track during a race causing a pileup. Henry has suspended him for 2 years i beleive and fined him.

Map.. note the 3 chicanes. Better put in some new brake pads, it can get exciting.

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Clay

Greg, I will be relying on you for some pointers at the ROC!  It looks like a tough track to figure out the best lines.  

quicktoy

Clay, thats a picture of Moroso..Homestead is where ROC is
My return as an Amateur

Clay

[homer] DOH! [/homer]

Ok then, Greg, I'll still depend upon your skilled advice.  :D

MELK-MAN

Quote[homer] DOH! [/homer]

Ok then, Greg, I'll still depend upon your skilled advice.  :D

Sorry Clay. Someone had requested info about Moroso and i posted that map to show the chicanes that require 2-3 downshifts and do the job of slowing the pace down to (hopefully) make it safer for the riders. On occasion there are those that brake way to late diving up the inside and take out a rider that is outside, but that is rare.
Below is the map for Homestead. runs counterclockwise. we dont run on the banking in the corners and i scratched em out.. VERY fun track.

Clay

Any elevation other than the banking?

quicktoy

nope..its like daytona, its a nascar track.
there is a lil elevation change going onto/coming off of the front and back straightaways
My return as an Amateur

MELK-MAN

Quotenope..its like daytona, its a nascar track.
there is a lil elevation change going onto/coming off of the front and back straightaways

Dont forget the cool dip, turn 4 drops away and rises up and your on the back wheel drifing outa that bowl (t5) down the long straight to t6.

throttle

whats the longest straight and how long is it?

Stinger562

Both the front and back streight are almost equal @ ~1760 ft,  I beleive the #'s are between turn 9 and 10 for the back,  13 and 1 up front.  Nice high speed drop into 10 off the bank, the drop is not as noticeable into 1, sweet litte dip around 4. Very fun, pretty safe, there are concrete patches in most corners however.  We clocked guys coming into 1 at 140

MELK-MAN

QuoteBoth the front and back streight are almost equal @ ~1760 ft,  I beleive the #'s are between turn 9 and 10 for the back,  13 and 1 up front.  Nice high speed drop into 10 off the bank, the drop is not as noticeable into 1, sweet litte dip around 4. Very fun, pretty safe, there are concrete patches in most corners however.  We clocked guys coming into 1 at 140

on the r6 geared for 6th front and back.. T1, just roll off a little than open it back up to get through the dip. Down 3 gears and HOPE you make it through t2, talk about PUcKER :o!!

quicktoy

WONT CLOCK ME DOING 140 GOING INTO ONE...I CHECK UP AND AM PROUD OF IT LOL
My return as an Amateur