News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Suicide note

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, July 07, 2004, 10:21:45 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've been too broke to race this year, so... Goodbye cruel world!
Just kidding!  But life sure isn't much fun without racing.  I don't seem motivated to do much of anything, and I exhibit all the classic signs of depression.  I've only been on the bike three times this year.  Serious withdrawal from the last two seasons of 17-18 weekends each.
At least I'm going to ride with Team NFC at Hallett in a six hour enduro on the 17th.  That ought to help me hold out a bit longer...
I need to win the lotto.  Anyone got an extra set of tires they don't need? ::)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Chris, DO NOT even JOKE about this Sh1T!

Doood!, never never never! Hear me?

Never.

Ok. I'm done venting. You're gonna give this old lady a heart attack!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Woofentino Pugrossi

Tell me about it Chris. I was hoping to race teh 17-18th but guess thats shot to hell. Got let go at my job. But worse thing is, I never got time to fix the bike from my crash may 9. Either too damn tired from LIVING at work or no $$$$. Oh well theres next season. Looks liek the YZF is on hold until then also.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

KBOlsen

<--- withdrawal symptoms setting in here, too. :(

After spending $7,000 at the vet during the month of June, I'm done too.  John and I will be focusing on much-needed home improvement projects for the rest of the year.

I'll just have to get my "fix" drag racing the V-Rod at Union Grove on Wednesday nights.  Hey - I managed to make it to the semi-finals a few weeks ago and picked up a cool $106 for doing so!  They don't like it when you put a knee down to make the trip back up the return road, tho.  No sense of humor!

Twilight Racing would like to thank everyone who helped make the first half of 2004 a success:  Suomy USA, SportbikeMike.com, Learning Curves, VisionSports, Sliderphoto.com, Spyder Leatherworks, L-P USA, Sportbike Track Time...
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Nate R

Yeah, definitely don't even joke about that, please. Subject freaked me out a bit, too.
-----------------------

I also am having the symptoms. I don't even have a motorized 2 wheeled vehicle to ride at ALL right now.  :(

Kim, what times are you runnin?

You know, we had one of the Vance and Hines V-Rods at work for months over the winter. If we get it again this year to work on, do you think Great Lakes would notice you weren't exactly on a stock drag bike? :D (The wheelie bars might give it away)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

cornercamping

Quotedo you think Great Lakes would notice you weren't exactly on a stock drag bike? :D (The wheelie bars might give it away)

I'm already filling out the protest paperwork and requesting a tear down ;D

KBOlsen

Best ET so far this year was a 12:273 @ 107.81 (bracket racing... my dial-in was 12:27 and I had to tap the brakes).  Best MPH was 112.69 (12.348).  Best light so far was 0.089 (0.000 is perfect).  Best 60' was 1.957 (blech!).

I WILL get the bike into the 11's.  No reason not to!

The bike has the stock 30-tooth pulley and bogs like Scotland off the line.  First gear goes on FOREVER.

I'll be up there again tonight and will stick around after the eliminations to see how fast I can go.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... wheelie bars!  Nate, you get ALL the cool toyz!

Nate R

Well, I get to look at cool toys. Sometimes that's worse, since we don't get to ride the toys.   :P

Is it every Wednesday at GL? I may come by next week then and watch. Any idea what the fee is for spectators?

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

KBOlsen

Give me an address and I'll send you a spectator ticket.  I think it's normally $12 to get in (makes you realize that the day fee for Blackhawk ain't so bad).

I believe we'll be there every Wednesday night this month because we're making up rain-dates.  Normally, it's every other Wednesday.  www.greatlakesdragaway.com has the schedule under "Harleys at Da Grove".

tigerblade

K3, you should know better than to write a subject line like that.  Next time I see you, I'm kicking you in the junk.

>:( ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

K3 Chris Onwiler

I guess I'm just extra depressed today.  Someone broke into my truck last night.  All they stole was pocket change and my CB radio, but now I don't have a CB radio and I have to go buy and install a $100 alarm system to calm my wife down.  Still don't have tires or entry fees, but by tonight I'll have a brand-new alarm system on my90,000 mile, 98 6cyl Chevy work truck with stick, AM/FM and no air...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

Thieves suck.

Cheer up man.  Look at all the wonderful CCS folks you have giving you good-natured grief.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...