News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

:)

Started by cornercamping, June 28, 2004, 07:19:31 PM

cornercamping

spyderchick

I was going to make a snide comment about your new avatar until I saw what it actually said.

AMD rocks! ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cornercamping

QuoteI was going to make a snide comment about your new avatar until I saw what it actually said.

AMD rocks! ;) ;D

::)

I couldn't tell ya.  Apple Dual G5 user here  8)

;) ;D

Post your comment anyways, that way I can steal it for later use.  ;D

Super Dave

G5...wow!

G3 is pretty cool if you can't afford a G4 let alone a G5...
Super Dave

spyderchick

Ah...an Apple guy. That's cool, but i like to build my own systems and you can't do that with Apple.

Next system will be a 64bit proccessor w/ dual hard drives so I can learn linux, run windows for business apps.  

And y'all thought motorcycles were my hobby...
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

cornercamping

QuoteG5...wow!

G3 is pretty cool if you can't afford a G4 let alone a G5...

One word: WORK

cornercamping

QuoteAh...an Apple guy. That's cool, but i like to build my own systems and you can't do that with Apple.

Next system will be a 64bit proccessor w/ dual hard drives so I can learn linux, run windows for business apps. Ê

And y'all thought motorcycles were my hobby...

Dual 2.5 G5
4GB RRAM
2 x 250 HD
Gigabit Ethernet
23 in. Display

Lease: $137 mon.
Tax writeoff: PRICELESS

;D

spyderchick

QuoteLease: $137 mon.
Tax writeoff: PRICELESS

;D
What, you don't think I write off my 'puter to taxes!  :o You bet your Betsy Ross I do. ;D Otherwise, Uncle Sam would eat my profits. AND I get to have the fun of fooling around with high tech gear. No Customer Service headaches here. I know if my platform is stable, cuz I built it and tested it!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

cornercamping

QuoteWhat, you don't think I write off my 'puter to taxes! Ê:o You bet your Betsy Ross I do. ;D Otherwise, Uncle Sam would eat my profits. AND I get to have the fun of fooling around with high tech gear. No Customer Service headaches here. I know if my platform is stable, cuz I built it and tested it!

That's why we all get new equipment ever year  ;)   What are ya runnin?

spyderchick

Right now I've got 2 year old equipment. I usually run stuff for around 3 years. By the time processor speeds double, I'm usually due for new.

2400 AMD processor
512 RAM
ASUS mother board
NvIdia GeForce4 graphics card.
Soundblaster card
Nice LianLi case, no mods  :(

I like the case, so I might mod it and keep it along with the power supply. Depends on who might get this box.

I don't do any graphics intensive gaming, so I don't go all out on top of the line stuff, just upper mid-range proven cards and chipsets.
I'm going to get spendy on the monitor this time. A nice sleek flat screen seems just the ticket.  ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

spyderchick

I might add that while I might be due to upgrade, there're no 64bit apps right now anyhow, so it will be worth the wait to upgrade later so prices can stabilize. That and Longhorn has been pushed back. Oh Well...Life is hard and then you... :o
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

cornercamping

Bah.. windows sucks.  You could have a 100 million teraflop processor, and Windows will still use 55 % of it, and still crash  ;D  That's why I switched to Apple in the first place.  Plus, with Apple, you really don't have to worry about your computer getting cooties off the internet.   We have several Windows workstations, but they don't get connected to the internet because of the HIV floating around. They're mostly just for AutoCAD and PCAD.   As far as me, once I first got on an Apple, I fell in love with it, and I'll never switch to Windows again.  I like actually being able to use my computer without having to download a security update every day.  ;) Plus, graphics are amazing.  256 MB card, using DVI.  ;D