News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mid America Motorplex

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, June 26, 2004, 08:10:23 PM

Chuck

Rich-  We will be there round 10am on Friday, I'll do what I can to save our KC clown pit area.  ;)

Yea everyone will say they boycott it then there will be the rascals that take advantage of that and run it.  Then on Saturday they'll be that much farther ahead.  No thanks, I'm just going to do a half day and call it good.  

The lady I spoke to on the phone sounded very irratated that I asked for a discount.  She tried really hard to be polite though.  

I think everyone should bitch at CCS for not reserving the day.  It would have been the standard $75-100 if they had.  The way the manager at MAM made it sound is that CCS had the opportunity and denide it.

Mark Bernard

Quote The way the manager at MAM made it sound is that CCS had the opportunity and denide it.

That sucks even more knowing that.... Oh well.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

QuoteI think everyone should bitch at CCS for not reserving the day.  It would have been the standard $75-100 if they had.  The way the manager at MAM made it sound is that CCS had the opportunity and denide it.

I'm on CCS side here...

The track charges a lot...they are proud of their packaging...

So, they have to run a twin sprint weekend just to try to get it to break even...

Most places they do NOT buy practice for a third day.  Maybe for FUSA events, but not a regional.  Regardless, $175 is about $70 to $100 than most tracks.

To make things worse, the Omaha/KC/Des Moines area doesn't have the thirty years or motorcycle road racing saturation in the market to give much support to anything there.  Chicago?  Well, Blackhawk was built in 1967...Road America...nearly forever.  

Being from Omaha myself, it was always hard to try to get guys motivated about going racing let alone just coming for a seven hour trip.

Doing the AMA series was good from Omaha though...I could be at Laguna, Sears Point, Daytona, Phoenix, or Loudon in 24 hours.
Super Dave

LMsports

We'll be there...boycotting practice with the rest of you. We'll busy ourselves with suspension set ups etc. Come by and say hi.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Spooner

So I guess CCS wont' be there friday so we can register and tech and stuff...???

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Chuck

CCS should be there Friday evening round 5:00pm, but I haven't confirmed it.  

Looks like I've got a clean track on Friday!  :P

Chuck

Get the Skinny on the new pricing for the Friday trackday on the new thread I am posting.

"MAM Friday trackday discount"

Super_KC124

QuoteMC Racing will be there with bells...yes they'll be wire tied.   :P

Who is "Spooner and the rest of the KC Crew"?  I thought the Halls, MC Racing and Rich where the only KC clowns.  ;)

What about me? I'm K. C. from KC. ;)

Chuck

lol...sorry Kevin you are THE KC Clown.  How could I forget, you where part of the wire tying campfire last time.   ;)

Super_KC124

Quotelol...sorry Kevin you are THE KC Clown.  How could I forget, you where part of the wire tying campfire last time.   ;)

I'm still having nightmares about that. It was so painfull to watch. ;D

Chuck

lol...I know, it was brutal.  Daylight sure is cool.

tigerblade

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, then doing the trackday Monday (with some Super instruction  ;D).  I practiced there last year, so I guess that'll have to do.  I just got back from two trackdays at Grattan, so I'm fired up and primed baby!!!   8)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...