News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Banquet Suggestions

Started by TiffineyIngram, September 26, 2002, 11:07:15 AM

TiffineyIngram

Howdy, howdy, howdy!!!!  It's that time again to start thinking about getting all dolled up and get your hard earned "ROCK ON!!!" from your buddies here at CCS!!!  With that in mind, I would like to open the topic of where y'all think would be a good location for the combined banquets.  First, the Mid Atlantic and Southeast banquets will be combined.  Where would a good (and fair) central location be?  Any suggestions of a hotel, sports bar, etc is that can handle up to 400 of y'all?  Second, the Midwest, Great Plains, and Great Lakes banquet is combined and will be on February 8th in Chicago in conjunction with the International Motorcycle Show that weekend.  Any good suggestions on a place to hold this shindig?  I'm looking at a place called "Joe's Bar"--a very large sports bar in Chi-Town.  As for Pacific and Southwest regions, your banquets are separate, but will be on the Saturday of your first race (just like this year).  PC, we'll probably stick with our usual, SW, please suggest!  I'm looking for somewhere nice, but casual, where y'all can have a good time, a few appetizers (no sit-down dinners this year), and rag on all your buddies.  Thanks, and keep up the great season!!!

Eric Kelcher

South central is scheduled Dec 7 Green Oaks Hotel, Ft. Worth, Tx link
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

r6_philly

sountheast and mid-atlantic banquet combined? That would mean the central location would be somewhere in NC to be fair. Maybe RDU. I would love to attend the banquet, but I don't know if I would spend $100(gas and tolls) and room for one night plus the ticket to go to it. I would rather save the money for a race weekend.

DC would be far more reasonable for us.

So maybe the SE and MA should not be combined

TZDeSioux

For the midwest/greatlakes banquet..  I suggest either the Admiral Theater or the skybox in Harvey  ;D

sportbikepete

Damn I was wanting to go but NC is going to be way to far.

am125ike

QuoteFor the midwest/greatlakes banquet..  I suggest either the Admiral Theater or the skybox in Harvey  ;D

are you saying that you'd be able to pay attention to the trophy presentations with those topless, thongclad, soft skinned beings rubbin allll up against you.
   you'd here your name called, if you were called?, no nipples would fall into any of the many photos due to be taken, are you saying that you'd be interested in a trophy over a Beer, a long island iced tea, martini, rum and coke or crown strait up? are you insinuating that anyone (after 30 mins.) would be paying attention to anything other than the vast array of uhh...how should i put this???.....vast array of nipples, bellies and arses ???  hey, you know variety IS the spice of sex, i mean, life  ;D
 i vote the skybox out, doesnt sound rite :-X ...
but after the bangqwik, maybe they'll still have the doors open  8)

TiffineyIngram

Uh...perhaps I should have been a bit more specific in my request...I was just about to look up what "Harvey" was before Ike's post...
How's about we all agree that the banquet facilities need to be G rated?  Remember, some of you lucky guys have little ones and wives that might not enjoy some of the "environments" that others of y'all might love.   ;)
Please, guys, I'm going to look into your suggestions, so even if you don't think it would be a great idea, it might sound great to the rest of us.  I just think a little change from the boring banquet halls would be nice.  Would y'all rather just stick with the same format that we've been using in the past?  Like have the awards ceremony at a hotel?

r6_philly

Dave & Busters in DC or here in Philly - most of the fast guys are from PA,NJ anyway  ;D

Or Jillians, somewhere with fun and games, restaraunt and a bar would be really nice

TreyBone

Why don't the SE and MA just have it at a VIR race like we did this year?  That is the most logical.  Most of the racers will be there for racing anyway.

EX#996

Tiffiney:

I like your original suggestion for the MW.

Dawn :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

G rated?  You mean like G string?

Don't know Chicago very well, but I someone knows some place cool that would be great.

There is some bar called PLAYERS in Chicago that has helped support some racers.  Don't know much more than than, but there is that connection.
Super Dave

wera331

I'm in the mid-atlantic, south east and I'd go to n.c. no problem. :)