News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone start racing as an old fart?

Started by TomC, September 25, 2002, 11:03:59 AM

Speedballer347

Quote...I don't feel so old anymore, thanks!  :D
That's cause you haven't crashed yet ;D  ;)
You are gonna have a blast.  Godd luck :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

tigerblade

QuoteThat's cause you haven't crashed yet ;D  ;)

Not on the track, I haven't...  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Eddie#200

QuoteThanks. White plates! :o :o. :o  Can I have white ones for F40 and yellow for everything else?  ;D  Will you be at Gateway? Hope to see you there. Later, Kevin

Hey Kevin... Do like I do and just close your eyes!

Gixxer124

QuoteHey Kevin... Do like I do and just close your eyes!

Like I did going into turn 1 at the start of the F40 race? :o    What did it look like to you? It scared the hell out of me. (I wonder if the'll make me pay for that cone? ;D)

Eddie#200

QuoteWhat did it look like to you? It scared the hell out of me.  ;D)

Heck I dunno remember I close my eyes too. ;)

Eddie#200

QuoteLike I did going into turn 1 at the start of the F40 race? :o    What did it look like to you? It scared the hell out of me. (I wonder if the'll make me pay for that cone? ;D)

Hey does that make you a CONE HEAD?

oldguy

Started riding sportbikes this year and goin' racing next year. Probably not with CCS though, I read how you feel about old riders on liter bikes  >:( 56 years old and NOT a midlife crisis. I been like this all my life.

Speedballer347

QuoteProbably not with CCS though, I read how you feel about old riders on liter bikes  >:(
I think you have it mixed up, WERA is the one who doesn't allow novices on literbikes, not CCS.

Quote56 years old and NOT a midlife crisis. I been like this all my life.
Then what are you waiting for...your running out of time...CCS's cutoff is 58years old for the Logan's Run literbike class ;) j/k
Seriously, get your bike and gear to the track and be prepared to have the funnest time of your life.  You're gonna have a blast!  Good luck :)

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

am125ike

QuoteStarted riding sportbikes this year and goin' racing next year. Probably not with CCS though, I read how you feel about old riders on liter bikes  >:( 56 years old and NOT a midlife crisis. I been like this all my life.

maaaannn,  i dont know bout all that hoopla.
but you got a sweet a$$ bike !!!  think i can make a couple practice laps ???

and thankx btw, i am such a young buck!! starting as early as i have at 37,
sh!t, im still young, not too far from dumb, and i remember being full of (kum on now, you know i wouldnt write that)(dawn, i know you were waitin! hug paul for me) (heeeey kimmie, hows john?, tell him wuttup)

oldguy

That's my backup - Got a '01 RC51 for the track. Been to track days and got my speed certification. You mean CCS isn't where I read that? Maybe it was WERA. If you want to ride my liter bikes come to BeaveRun with NESBA 10/26-10/27, and have a go at it. I just put brand new Michelin Race tires on the 954 last night, and the 51 is on slicks. I need some mentors, so bring it on.
Have bikes, will travel!!!

oldguy

btw, go to the rules & regs topic and read the poll/comments about the F40 class. That was where I read the remarks about old guys and liter bikes "charging" into corners and knocking over 600's
I got the distinct impression old guys got old by chance, cause they didn't have liter bikes to thrash around on.

am125ike

maaaan,
a HONDA guy !!!   i love you man, (got any beer ;D )
   i havent been able to upgrade from the 929 to the 954 for my street riding pleasure, due to the racing fund. but that 954 is what ive been salivating over, and since ive been at the track ive got a new found interest in that 51, didnt feel that before.....
   but you sound to be very ready with the slicks and all, im sure you'll have a blast (like the rest of us!!!) welcome, and tho i am doubting that i'll be able to get off work for the beaver run dates, i have a feeling that i'll be seeing you around....