News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone start racing as an old fart?

Started by TomC, September 25, 2002, 11:03:59 AM

CCS243

Started racing in 1985 at 42.   ::) Go for it! Greatest bunch of folks you'll ever meet and it is fun.  I picked wrong class, middleweight, to start in, took until '89 to trophy.  The younger set bounces better. I prefered to rest after falling  ;D.

TZDeSioux

QuoteTZDeSioux how old are you? i thought you were my age...27.

you're 30+...oh man :P

Nexus.

your age? nah.. i'm 31 going on 32.... :-/

YTAK1

My first crash was at Gingerman a few weeks ago.  Turn 3.  I crawled for abit....made sure everything was working, than slowly stood up.  

Your so right..I no longer bounce.

r1owner

KBOlsen

This is great!  I don't feel old anymore!!! 8)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TZDeSioux

QuoteMy first crash was at Gingerman a few weeks ago.  Turn 3.  I crawled for abit....made sure everything was working, than slowly stood up.  

Your so right..I no longer bounce.

Your inability to bounce has nothing to do with you age. You don't bounce because you eat too many dog gone hotdogs. Apparently the crash didn't affect your riding in anyway because you're riding just as slow as before the crash. God forbid I crash this year.. it will definately scare me to go slower so that I only lap you twice in an 8 lap race. 10 second rule applies chief. I'm coming by around 7:30 tonight.
:P

stillslow

Age? What's age. 1st operation from morocycle racing 1964. Last operation from motorcycle racing 2002. Those doctors will take your money no matter how old you are. :'( :'( :'( :'(

YTAK1

it wasnt hot dogs it was the red beans and rice that guy at Gingerman serves.  

Good god he can cook up some grub.

See you later :o 8)

Y

Speedballer347

Rode (& raced a few times) when I was 16-17years old.  Stopped riding for 12 years.
Bought a new gsxr600 in feb2001 at the age of 30, and was on the track 3 weeks later.

16yrs old= Fast, fearless, & light ;D
30yrs old= Slow, scared, & fat ::)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

FullMoonRacing

Started racing in 1999 at age 42 in LW classes.  First crash in 2000 in MW.  Second crash in 2000 in LW.  First wood in 2000

Xian_13

First time ever on the track a month ago... going on my secound race this weekend...
Age?...  thats somehting for the youth to worry about  ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

OmniGLH

Well now I feel like a young'n at 25!  

Motorcycle racers must age well, cuz of the few of you I've met, I had pegged at late 20s, TOPS!!

Tho I kinda wish I would've started racing back when I initially wanted to at 17 - I was sooo much stupider and fearless then - I'd probably be 10x faster today!  (or permanently disabled, I suppose!)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak