News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone start racing as an old fart?

Started by TomC, September 25, 2002, 11:03:59 AM

r1owner

QuoteTho I kinda wish I would've started racing back when I initially wanted to at 17 - I was sooo much stupider and fearless then - I'd probably be 10x faster today!  (or permanently disabled, I suppose!)

LOL, I feel the same way.  I wish I could have started when I was MUCH younger!

Oh well, I am still having a blast.

Speedballer - 30 = FAST!!!
Speedballer - 30 (with broken frame) still gets on the podium!  ;D

roadracer797

Started at the young age of 41 thought I was fast and was showed by the kids in mw that I was slow.
Have crashed twice and both times tought it was like a ride from the past it was a blast except for putting the bike back together. Now I'm out for the rest of the year because of an injury that happened at work.
Work sucks should race for a living lol

KBOlsen

"Motorcycle racers must age well, cuz of the few of you I've met, I had pegged at late 20s, TOPS!! "

:-* 8)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Speedballer347

QuoteSpeedballer - 30 = FAST!!!
Speedballer - 30 (with broken frame) still gets on the podium!  ;D
Thanks man, but I would have rather had you say I wasn't fat :(  ;)

Are you going to Gateway next weekend??  Is your bike fixed yet?  I haven't started fixing mine yet.
I have a lacerated liver from the last gateway, so I am thinking of sitting this one out.  Gotta wait and see how I feel that weekend.
Call me if you need help w/ your bike :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r1owner

QuoteThanks man, but I would have rather had you say I wasn't fat :(  ;)

Are you going to Gateway next weekend??  Is your bike fixed yet?  I haven't started fixing mine yet.
I have a lacerated liver from the last gateway, so I am thinking of sitting this one out.  Gotta wait and see how I feel that weekend.
Call me if you need help w/ your bike :)

LOL!!!!  ;D

I can't make it next weekend, not even to help.  I am going to be out of town attending a wedding. :(

WOW, I didn't realize your liver got messed up.  Did you end up going back to the hospital?  My arm still hurts pretty bad.  I made another appointment to have them look at it again.  Even if my bike was together, I don't think I could hang onto it.

Haven't done anything to the bike except take the can and bodywork off, and replace the clip-ons so I can push it around the garage.  I've been epoxying my floor (takes a week to cure), and have been waiting to complete that before I work on it.  Got some go fast parts for the RX7 that I am wanting to put on as well! ;)

I have managed to secure a replacement exhaust system, windscreen and set of wheels.  I think all I need now, is a pair of ft. rotors and possibly a ft. axle.

I will be calling you when I am ready to start doing some serious work on the bike.  Feel free to call me as well, if you need any help with yours.

ccs354

I got my license on my 39th birthday.  Had never even seen a race until I was in one.  

Gixxer124

Hey Jim H. Let me know how things go at Gingerman. Kevin

Eddie#200

This is my 3rd season... I'm 46.  Not feeling older...just getting faster!

Super Dave

I started at 19.

But I have had students as old as 61 come to my school, and they went on to race.

The addiction is bad no matter how old you are.  But, I think, that you have some greater appreciation of it all when you are older.  At 19, racing was just this thing that I did that was important.  As you age, you enjoy that time on the track, and, maybe more so, with this traveling group of racers that you socialize with.

The lightweight classes are always cool.  Great for learning, and a bit easier on the pocket book in the tire section.
Super Dave

Arnziffel

Hey Kevin and Eddie
I guess we will be seeing both of you in Experts next year!!!
Congrats on fine seasons.

Keith Wilson
CCS/USGPRU #54
TZ125

Gixxer124

QuoteHey Kevin and Eddie
I guess we will be seeing both of you in Experts next year!!!
Congrats on fine seasons.

Keith Wilson
CCS/USGPRU #54
TZ125

Thanks. White plates! :o :o. :o  Can I have white ones for F40 and yellow for everything else?  ;D  Will you be at Gateway? Hope to see you there. Later, Kevin

tigerblade

I'm 28 (29 in Dec) and got on the track for the first time this year. STAR school at Heartland Park in June and track days last weekend at Mid-America Motorplex.  Hopefully I'll be racing next year.  I don't feel so old anymore, thanks!  :D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...