News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Fun at Gateway

Started by Super_KC124, May 17, 2004, 11:56:32 AM

Super_KC124

Turn out was low. Not as bad as the single region event last year. Didn't hit any deer. Had to come from pit lane to a 2nd place finish in LW F40. I had fun.

Yes, K3, the truck is on the road again. Still stinks like burnt deer burger, though. ;D

tigerblade

Aren't you going to brag about dragging bodywork?   :P ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super_KC124

QuoteAren't you going to brag about dragging bodywork?   :P ;D

Not until I get my elbow down while doing it. ;D

r1owner

My brother (711 AM) and I (717 AM) had a blast!!! :)

We both claimed our first wood ever. :)

He got a 4th in MWSS.

I had the best time ever leading MWSS for about 2 seconds!!!  I passed 55 (Johnny Moore) I think is his name and went a little too hot into turn 6 almost highsided when I downshifted (didn't match revs).  He got by me on the inside.  Then I caught back up to his back wheel on the chicane leading onto the straight and pulled a wheel or two on him.

I started heading towards the wall a little too fast so let off a little too much.  That was enough to take second by about a wheel at the line.  All in all it was an awesome race.

Scariest moment(s) for me was when I got passed by three experts in seperate races.  Man, how do they go so dang fast!  Passed me like I was sitting still.

I still can't complain.

2nd in MWSS
2nd in MWGP
4th in MWSB
5th in ULGP

I sure hope CCS decides to run a few more races there next year.

Aprilia_RSVR

Hey
I got my first wood ever too.  It was also my first race ever.  OK, there were only four guys in the race.  But, I still wasn't last.

Gateway is my Home track so I would like to see a few more races here too.

AM #515

PJ

QuoteTurn out was low. Not as bad as the single region event last year.

Yeah, it's a real bummer when there's not enough guys on the grid to even qualify for tire contingencies. We missed the Pirelli cut off by one rider in Thunderbike.

What happened to LC's Dean and Brian? You guys high tail it home after Saturday?

It was a great race day though. Near perfect weather. And I love the Gateway layout, except for that goofy chicane (and the lack of run off). Too bad we're not going back this year.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

r1owner

QuoteYeah, it's a real bummer when there's not enough guys on the grid to even qualify for tire contingencies. We missed the Pirelli cut off by one rider in Thunderbike.

What happened to LC's Dean and Brian? You guys high tail it home after Saturday?

It was a great race day though. Near perfect weather. And I love the Gateway layout, except for that goofy chicane (and the lack of run off). Too bad we're not going back this year.

Finally someone else doesn't mind Gateway!  I have to agree about the weather.  It was perfect for racing.

stumpy

Although I stayed on two wheels and got some wood, I did't like the track much, I think it is the whole "mental Wall" thing. Glad to pack the bike up in one piece. I gotta say the funnest part of the trip was my seeing my wheel bearing on my trailer blow apart ::) And that wasn't even that fun. :-/

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super Dave

Personally, I really, really enjoy Gateway.  

I had to go to prom Saturday night, and I don't have the budget to get to some races as I'm doing FUSA to raise money for my pediatric cancer program.  

Did I mention that I really like Gateway?

And I've had the pleasure of hitting the wall going into turn one.
Super Dave

tzracer

QuoteWhat happened to LC's Dean and Brian? You guys high tail it home after Saturday?

Actually it was myself and Jason D'Amico. Jason's bike needs some parts before he can race it again. We left Sunday morning. Jason had to get home to work on his house and I had stuff to do to get ready for work on Monday. Finals are this week, I have plenty to do.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI think it is the whole "mental Wall" thing.
Stumpy
Yeah, those walls are pretty mental all right...  I've won there and I've been hospitalized there, so I have a love/hate relationship with the place.  Wish I could have gone, but I have other races to make and Gateway just wasn't in the budget.
 By the way, My shoulder is healed and I'm cleared to full duty at work.  That means I can race again!  Yay!!!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

QuoteBy the way, My shoulder is healed and I'm cleared to full duty at work.  That means I can race again!  Yay!!!

Good news!   :)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...