AARON YATES IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL JERK!!

Started by THE D.O.C., August 11, 2002, 06:51:05 PM

THE D.O.C.

saying "fu&k" on live tv. laying down in the middle of the track. and calling VIR "rinky dink" on live tv. just three things he did today, much less over his career. complete loser in my book. i hope he gets the rumored heavy fine and suspension. BW

GAMEDIC

You don't think he was laying on the track cause the corner workers did not see the bike?.....as for the other things you are right...but i replayed it where i taped it and they had the yellow out then right before he went out on the track they stoped the yellow...then the red went up when he got on the track..i really think the sign was blocking the view..but as for the other shit he said you are %100 right about it..

GAMEDIC

News From AMA website:
Suzuki's Aaron Yates may have very well earned himself a huge fine and suspension today in the second re-start of the Superbike race at Virginia International Raceway.

In the race, Yates narrowly missed hitting Kurtis Roberts' crashed Honda RC51, rode off the track and crashed in the dirt.

What followed was an amazingly bizarre incident where Yates got up from the ground and ran to the middle of the track, laying his body spread-eagle on the racing surface, causing the race to be red-flagged.

Kurtis Roberts' Honda then burst into flames.

Afterwards, Yates stated on the live television broadcast that he thought that the race was not going to be red-flagged because of the crash (and insinuated that he decided to help matters along himself). Yates then called VIR a "rinky-dink racetrack" before the broadcast cut away.

Yates was already on thin ice with AMA Pro Racing after crashing into the Road America podium area after his 600 win earlier this season. Yates was to be fined after the incident, but after apologizing he was allowed to skirt away unscathed.

It is very doubtful that AMA Pro Racing will be in the same charitable mood the next time they speak with Yates.

funksouljon

I find it amusing how when you read the article it kind of sounds like Yates laid down on the track, causing the red flag, and then causing Roberts bike to burst into flames. :)
I thought the "causing" the red flag was a good move. Did you see the bike on the track that the sissy Roberts couldn't lift?
Fu(k on TV? Come on people. How many of you have not said it? Ever let a curse word slip in front of a child? What about when you are all jacked up on adrenaline and worked up about what happened?
I agree the rinky dink part wasn't completely cool, but I laughed at it. Didn't he also say in the same sentence, that it wasn't that bad of a track or something along those lines. Thenagain, see previous comment about being jacked up and emotional.

THE D.O.C.

put down the aaron yates action figure. he's a dick, and you know it.  ;)

GAMEDIC

sportbikepete

Yates laid in the track to stop the race because there was bike in an impact line, and no red flag was waving. Good intentions bad move.
Yates said "f%&ck" in the heat of trying to get his bike back together, give me a break we've all done it.
Yes he did say the track was rinky dinky, but I guess everyone missed him saying and this is one of the bettter ones. This is a comment he should not have made but he is not the first or last to say somehting about a track.

GAMEDIC

he should have never done that...i taped it and watched it back in slow motion and the corner worker had put down the yellow flag and grabed the red flag before aaron ever got on the track....he was pissed about the wreck and wanted to get back in it so the best way to do that was get a red flag...after making an ass out of himself..there was about to be a red flag anyway

Ex_CCS_Racer

Saying fuck on live TV is unprofessional ??? Hope you're not a Picotte fan(I am). Remember the Daytona 200 a few years ago when the air horn blew while he was being interviewed during the red flag? Damn unprofessional Canuck ;D

skydiver19

I didn't hear the "rinky dink" comment.  What was the context ?  Or what specifically about VIR was he referring to ?  Granted, VIR doesn't have the retaining walls, armco barriers, poor pavement, and lack of run-off that he's used to at other AMA tracks, but hey, at least we have a turn called the "hogpen."  

It's great to see everyone rally around our prescious V.I.R.  Just goes to show that it takes the blood, sweat, and financial destitution that is the "club racer" to fully appreciate the privilege and pleasure of being able to race at facility like VIR.

ecumike

yea, speaking of interviews... what the hell was up with the announcer(s) at the track ?... they were talking all over eachother and at the same time... couldn't hear sh1t. It sucked and was REALLY annoying on SBK race  #2

THE D.O.C.

aaron yates made the rinky dink comment specifically about vir. caught himself and bailed it out with "oh but this is not as bad"  ::) he's a clown. not much simpler than that.