News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

AARON YATES IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL JERK!!

Started by THE D.O.C., August 11, 2002, 06:51:05 PM

rmahr137

are you guys talking about the same race I saw? The one where Yates had to dump his bike to keep from riding straight into a wall!  He has every right to say what he is thinking, just because you don't agree with him doesn't make what he said wrong.  And he slipped during the interview and said a bad word, you could tell it was an accident, and he didn't do it again.  It happens in other sports all the time.

Laying in the track was questionable, but he did what he thought had to be done.  

Does the track hire the cornerworkers or did the AMA.  It almost looked like they were lost, especially the one walking towards Nicky's bike with the fire extinguisher, watching it burn.

Litespeed

With a hot track, I would be skeptical to walk out to the bike too.  In case you didn't notice, there were bikes coming through that section as he was timidly approaching the bike and I am sure he didn't know if the track had anything on it.  If I were in his shoes I would have taken my time also.  My safety is worth much more than a factory superbike...

THE D.O.C.

Quoteare you guys talking about the same race I saw? The one where Yates had to dump his bike to keep from riding straight into a wall!  He has every right to say what he is thinking, just because you don't agree with him doesn't make what he said wrong.  And he slipped during the interview and said a bad word, you could tell it was an accident, and he didn't do it again.  It happens in other sports all the time.

there are walls around every race track we go to. stay the hell out of daytona with that mentality. yates never has a right to be an ass. just you try that crap in a ccs race and see what happens. bye bye license. now throw away your aaron yates lunch box and admit it. yesterday was not his finest day in pro racing. what an a$$. don't forget he tried to lie in the track a couple of years ago in a WSB race too. what a great competitor.  ::)

Laying in the track was questionable, but he did what he thought had to be done.  

Does the track hire the cornerworkers or did the AMA.  It almost looked like they were lost, especially the one walking towards Nicky's bike with the fire extinguisher, watching it burn.

stillslow

Four crashes in one weekend, three red flags in one race, ran off the track avoiding a wreck and wadding up his bike in the process. I can't for the life of me figure out why the boy would be upset. ??? ???
   Say what you want and pretend you've never been angry and said a cuss word, but you gotta admit the boy can ride a motorcycle. ;D ;D ;D

THE D.O.C.

plenty of folks out there who can ride. it takes ability to excel at a multitude of things. aaron can only ride. people like him end up on enduranc teams in euprope, never to be heard from again. buh bye aaron!!! ;)

Gixxer124

Get over it!  :P

sportbikepete

I met Aaron Yates at Mid-Ohio a couple years ago and he is the total opposite of what you are describing. Everyone has a bad day, if he does it again then maybe you have a point. Why not jump all over Anthony Gobert for all the crap he dishes out? Oh wait he keeps his mouth shut these days because he did so poorly this year. ;D

stillslow

Yea, with the attitude you describe he has he might even be banished to a World Superbike team. Attitude is what Factory teams hire these guys for, right? I don't know if you can remember "King" Kenny's attitude, but it was even worse than his son. I sure hope Yates' attitude doesn't force him into becoming a World Champion.  ::) ::) ;) ;)

TZDeSioux

Aaron Yates rules mang! Joo dont know whatchoo  talking about mang....

THE D.O.C.

QuoteI met Aaron Yates at Mid-Ohio a couple years ago and he is the total opposite of what you are describing. Everyone has a bad day, if he does it again then maybe you have a point. Why not jump all over Anthony Gobert for all the crap he dishes out? Oh wait he keeps his mouth shut these days because he did so poorly this year. ;D

is this the same anthony gobert who has had a worse year than yates, or mladin? the same one who rides the slowest superbike un the field, and can still win? all the while praising his crew and yamaha with a smile on his face? yep. i stand, yates is an idiot. and mat mladin is a crybaby. jamie hacking is a moronic crasher. way to go yosh!!! the best team in the paddock this year. stand up and take a bow!!  ::)

it's just too bad that those privateers didn't run his stupid ass over. i had a customer of mine there this weekend. he had never seen superbike racing before. he was an avid car fan. his only negative comment was aaron's lack of synapse, and sportsmanship. that's a great way to act in a sport trhat EVERYONE would like to see go to the next level. everyone but aaron that is. :-/

sportbikepete

LOL! Anthony Gobert on the slowest Superbike. Can not argue there he got beat by Supersprot bikes. LOL! Bostrom seems to have no problem winning on his old bike. This is fun. ;)

TZDeSioux

well have you seen the size of bostrom's sideburns? Don't you know that the bigger your sideburns.. the lower the lap times? Get with the program man!