Why do Pacific region members race in SW events?

Started by duc995@aol.com, November 12, 2003, 01:40:09 PM

raptorduck952

QuoteWhat happend to you this weekend John? I was looking forward to some payback ;D.

Truth be told Jon (and Dave), I ran out of money. I was surprised to still come in second overall in the SW region and 2nd in Sportbike after missing 3.5 rounds.

I enjoyed racing with all the SW guys. You AZ guys are fast and fun to race with. I particularly enjoyed racing with you this season Jon.

All my best to you, Dave Yeski, Mat "see you next year" Bollman, Mike Coleman, Kenny Dallas, Justin Van Dyck (where did you dissapear to?), and Wade Sears. Fun racing with all of you. Congrats to Jon and Dave as well for your titles. Well deserved! :)

Congratulations to Tristian for winning the overall title and your class titles. You earned them with hard work, a great crew, and talent. I will see you at Streets. I am not missing that one.

Finally, congrats to my pit mates Simon and Doug for winning Supertwins and GTO titles respectively in the SW region.

bmgracing

"Ran out of money" . . . that's my excuse . . . you need to come up with a new one.  I also have the "my bike is wrecked" excuse too.

It was great meeting and racing the Pacific guys.  Hopefully I'll be able to participate in more away races next year so I can listen to more of Simon's sandbagging, Doug's Pirelli advertising (which finally worked because that's what I'm riding on now), and more of your . . . oh that's right you are always riding so I don't get to talk to you much!

Also, please talk to Simon and convince him that Phoenix is a great place to come to and that it is not jinxed.  It was horrifying seeing his brand new Ducati with the belts all torn up . . . especially after only the 1st practice session.

Lastly, you guys need to come down for the new Arizona race series (http://www.azroadracing.com) being run on an awesome track and the payouts are big $$.

Congrats on your finishes this season!

PS - My name was not on the list of people being "bumped" . . . I asked Tiffiney to bump me anyway but she has not responded as of yet.  I would hate it if I became the "cherrypicker".

raptorduck952

Hey Matt . . . back off man. I am the champion of lame excuses. Go find your own niche. ;D

Now I spent all season racing to get as fast as you, so you better get bumped so you can so I can finanly hang with you on the track.

Talk about jinx. ALL of my 3 big crashes this year happened at SW races out of the state of California. Hmmm. :o

If you ever make it to San Jose Matt, just remember you have a place to stay. Same goes for Jon, Dave, and Wade.

p.s. Amber is a good a cook as she is beautiful, and she can wrench (better than I actually). I am indeed a very very lucky man.

SlowDragon

Firebird is not jinxed??? Mmm......

First race of the year fried a relatively new set of brake pads, ran off in turn 1. Sunday abandoned due to flood. 1600 miles for 1 track day, 3 practice sessions and two races. Returned in April and fried a new clutch. Located a new one, went to install it and it was missing a part. Spent Sunday by the pool - best race weekend of the year!

My latest visit, left SF Thursday at 8:30pm arrived Firebird 11:30am Friday. Went to see the Matrix and had dinner with the Team Nuclear gang (cheers guys!!). First out in practice, slippery track and new slicks. Ride like my granny - even get passed by Matt and Doug  ;D  4 laps in bike makes horrific noise and locks rear wheel going in to turn 1. Push bike back to pits, load and drive home arriving at 1:30am Sunday. Take bike to shop and they found that a bolt had gone through the intake, through the engine, took out 2 exhaust valves on the way out  which caused the brand new (and I mean BRAND NEW) Kevlar belts to fray and flatten camshaft.  

1700 miles for 4 laps, a strange movie, some great karting and a great dinner.

Anyway, I thought Keith won the SW SuperTwins class???

bmgracing

Hold on, this is not one of those infamous gas tank bolts is it?  Why the hell is a bolt bouncing around in the airbox?  Further, you certainly have one of those air filters that fit over the stacks instead of just using the crappy stock air filters that fit in the snorkels right?

I am really sorry you've had bad luck down here in Phoenix, but please don't give up on us yet.  Kicking your ass on that new shiny Ducati has me so pumped up for next year!  Just kidding, I'll be meeting up with you in CA sometime soon . . . I owe you that much.  Good luck out at Streets if you get the bike together!

SlowDragon

Hi Matt

Mmm....that GSXR looks far too scary to race against. I think I'll just hang out (or is that hide?) in the SuperTwins class. Look forward to seeing you next year and having that beer we were threatening. Missing that on Saturday night was worse than having to miss the race!!

The bolt is not a Duc one so it must have come up off the track and unfortunately the shower injectors make fitting a filter difficult, other than the intake ones. The bike has mesh across the intakes now  ::)

Have a good off-season and try not to get any faster.

Rrider

Simon, sorry about the bolt thing, but even more sorry about missing the beer with you!

I'm using the Casoli Moto filter on my R but it's 748R specific- it clamps up between the airbox halves. If you see how many rubber chunks, rocks and other crap collect on top of my filter- it's crazy! I don't think your bike has the 748R two piece airbox but Casoli also makes a filter for the 998 shower injector bikes:
http://66.216.117.7/browseproducts/CORSE-PRESSURIZED-PERFORMANCE-AIR-FILTER(996R-998R).HTML

Another filter that looks pretty good is the Pipercross and this would fit any of the shower injector bikes. It doesn't have as much filter area as the Casoli versions, but it doesn't take up as much airbox volume so it shouldn't hurt power much. Motowheels sells this one:
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=8%7CEngine&productID=2287&showDetail=1&categoryID=16|Ducati%204%20valve&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CItalian%20Motorcycle%20Parts

One heck of a link, huh?

Anyway, did you get the bike back together in time for the Vegas track thing?

Later!
Gary

SPEARS_RACING

QuoteAnd one tired azzed crew chief.... ;)

Got home at 4am to a sick daughter.

It was good gettign to hang out with you and Greg and Brian.
DR.Duc, Sorry to hear about your little one...... :(If you get a chance Please call me ,I want to see how things went........

Mark_Weiss

As long as SW region is the subject of the moment, does anyone know if the CCS/LP practice days are going to continue next season? Should T.E.A.M. Arizona look into picking up some of the Fridays? Which dates would be most favorable?

Mark

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteAs long as SW region is the subject of the moment, does anyone know if the CCS/LP practice days are going to continue next season? Should T.E.A.M. Arizona look into picking up some of the Fridays? Which dates would be most favorable?

Mark

Mark,

According to Randy at the rider's meeting...there will still be LP USA Sportrider Days.  However, they will be on Saturday (as usual) but so will our practice.  I guess there will be NO racing on Saturday...only practice and LP Days.  Hopefully that will mean LOTS of track time...cheap.  But who knows.